Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Next Uk Prime Minister

Poster
    I have been thinking about this for quite some time. I am now of the opinion that the Labour Party may see it as being impossible, or at least very difficult to win the next General Election with Tony Blair as the PM. Particularly after :

Mandelson (x2)
    Mo Mowlem
    Alistair Campbell
    The Iraqi War
    The Cheri / Fraudster / Houses Fiasco
    His son being arrested drunk and underage
    The Iraqi Intelligence Dossier
    The MODs apparent cover up

I think it is an open secret that Gordon Brown has aspirations in that direction and that there may very well be a change in the Leadership of the Labour Party, prior to the next General Election.

This would be similar to Maggie Thatcher being ousted. One wonders if this were to happen would Mr Blair stand down and place his backing behind someone else. If so would it be Mr Brown. Is there any other natural candidate for the job.

I feel the storm clouds may be gathering for Mr Blair and that his days may be numbered. Will he throw himself on the sword, for the good of the party.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Given the somewhat ambigious nature of Tone's politics he may put forward Ken Clarke.

However, if someone in the cabinet reminds him which party he is in, I think Gordon will be the obvious choice - with Cook as outside runner who may win enough support on the basis of his dignified exit prior to the war.

Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Yes I think Blair will retire to the USA where he will receive the Congressional Medal of Honour. He will probably retire to Texas( wonder where?). I think Cook will probably inherit the title of PM. Why get rid of Brown as Chancellor when that is all that is holding the party in power?
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Well if I remember, Tony Blair has said that he's to follow his party into the next General Election in the aim to get a third term in office...so chances are that it'll be a free-for-all

My money is on an independent party getting the next term; our "main choices" are otherwise known as "Tony B. Liar", "In Deep Shit" and "Scotch & Ginger" so the choice isn't really that good . So my money (and probably support) is on an independent part winning it. Hell, my theory is that even the Raving Looney Party would stand a better chance than the Tories

But if I had to pick a dominant party, I'd go for Charles Kennedy winning...unless Tony Blair steps down for Gordon Brown next year, in which case Labour would still have a (bigger slither of a) chance

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    wormless's Avatar Beauty
    anyone but not blair or cherie, ian duncan smith wats he like? and defo not an american no offence!

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    I would like a comfy front-row seat in the gallery for this one; I really haven't payed a lot of attention to the U.K.'s internal politics since Mags was PM.

I watch with great interest.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Originally posted by j2k4@5 October 2003 - 23:42
    I would like a comfy front-row seat in the gallery for this one; I really haven't payed a lot of attention to the U.K.'s internal politics since Mags was PM.

I watch with great interest.
    Good job - Whenever I think of the next election, the word "circus" comes to mind

It's gonna be California Election II IMO. Hell, Hollywood would probably make a movie out of it and have it so Blair wins by a landslide and is loved by all of his fellow citizens.

It would show how often Hollywood gets outside of Cali, mind

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    wormless's Avatar Beauty
    and is loved by all of his fellow citizens-->george bush

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Although i respect Brown greatly, and think he is doing a good job (overall ) as chancellor..........I wouldnt really support him as PM.

Unless of course, it came between a fight between him and that twat 2 Jags... Hypocritical, Tight and Corrupt man that our deputy PM is...

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    Ex-member

Sorry, couldn't resist that.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast