Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: do u donate in trackers.....?

Poster BT Rep: +1
    i donated to 4 trackers in the past because they needed money to survive and i have no problem to donate to any tracker need money but the tracker must be good and what i mean when i say good that the staff work to make it better place not like some trackers that the staff dont work at the tracker and need money i believe if the money its the problem its can be solved because there a lot of people who will donate to anytracker to make it better place.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    Occasionaly, to trackers that I think they deserve it
    Last edited by oxxo; 09-30-2009 at 05:44 PM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    I donate for the sole purpose of helping out the tracker to survive and not for bonus/recognition.

I can never repay the amount of "nice things" a tracker has given me so by donating is just a way for me to "repay" them.

The bonus/privs thrown in by them is just for encouragement.

Hope one day all of you who are still 50-50 in whether to donate or not, JUST DO IT!

It's for your own good too!

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    Swepsycho's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Quote Originally Posted by phooart View Post
    I donate for the sole purpose of helping out the tracker to survive and not for bonus/recognition.

I can never repay the amount of "nice things" a tracker has given me so by donating is just a way for me to "repay" them.

The bonus/privs thrown in by them is just for encouragement.

Hope one day all of you who are still 50-50 in whether to donate or not, JUST DO IT!

It's for your own good too!
    is very good... if u donate u got heart in gold...u help many people...uself too if u get bonus..

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    I do once in a while to help pay the bills, cause I know one site's dev is a young kid who's all DIY (coding/bills) and I wouldn't want him to shoulder the costs if the monthly bill can't be reached by others. But yeah, I've also donated to a 'l33t' tracker for hopes of invites a long time ago. I don't even talk to the dudes I invited anymore, so looking back that was a dumb reason for donating.
    Last edited by TrueSounds; 10-02-2009 at 02:16 AM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    $SnoopDo2G$'s Avatar Don Doggy BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    I did once before, on some tracker but pay2leech i don't like that...
    If they start a tracker and beggin' for donations to help server costs
    then i will never give shit...

They gotta know what they doin' and stop asking people's money...
    A simple donation bar is more than enough

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    I have recently. Why?

Because they need it to pay servers and what not.
    Because in some cases i get free upload.
    Because in some cases we get invites.
    Because in some cases we get a star next to our name.

Thats all my reasons.

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    not anymore, money is tight nowadays and i can't work during the school year.

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    I have a few that I have "been meaning to" (isn't that the excuse we all use?), but I have not. When I do, and I will, it will be to support the sites that give me a lot of joy and entertainment. Some have really made a lot of effort to make a nice, friendly place. They do truly deserve our support!
    Quoting myself from earlier in the thread because I am now a donor. Donated to a very deserving site that I enjoy daily.

Edit- and others will follow, just not this month.
    Last edited by megabyteme; 10-02-2009 at 04:32 PM. Reason: Added mention of plans for future donations...when I'm not broke. :)
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    i would but i'm concerned about privacy.
    when i pay them they know my real name and stuff

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast