Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: do u donate in trackers.....?

megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by f5ZB40 View Post
    i would but i'm concerned about privacy.
    when i pay them they know my real name and stuff
    There are hundreds of trackers and thousands of people have donated. I have never heard of a problem with that kind of security issue.

Possible solution...donate to trackers where you know and trust the staff. Those are the ones I will support.

And you are saying ur mom didn't name you f5ZB40?
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    ..... BT Rep: +2
    Not if you use a pre paid gift card or a friends CC if concerned about that. I trust certain staff to be mature enough not to screw with any donors information. That would destroy the trackers reputation, nobody would ever donate again if it was a problem.

i would but i'm concerned about privacy.
    when i pay them they know my real name and stuff
    If a member really likes a site then I see no problem in donating if you have the money.

Edit: Btw could get in trouble either way, would not be from donating to a tracker. I don't think.
    Jail over a few downloads, please.
    Maybe a fine which would hurt more than jail.
    Last edited by pone44; 10-03-2009 at 09:07 AM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    Quote Originally Posted by pone44 View Post
    That would destroy the trackers reputation, nobody would ever donate again if it was a problem.
    that doesn't exactly make me feel better while sitting in jail

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    KushBlow's Avatar Zen BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Quote Originally Posted by pone44 View Post
    That would destroy the trackers reputation, nobody would ever donate again if it was a problem.
    that doesn't exactly make me feel better while sitting in jail
    Move to Canada eh?

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    P2L as a reason to donate is really not worth it. It's much better to spend that money on a seedbox, which will help all your other torrent sites too.
    Last edited by lion24; 10-03-2009 at 06:21 AM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    Cut-Copy-Paste's Avatar FST Satan BT Rep: +3
    Well I use to Donate Lot To trackers which were Not P2L type.

But After down of iTN ( my 55$ ) i stopped doing so.

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by Cut-Copy-Paste View Post
    Well I use to Donate Lot To trackers which were Not P2L type.

But After down of iTN ( my 55$ ) i stopped doing so.
    Ofc, you can look at the amount donated as a gift to perpetuate the tracker (and we all hope that it will do just that).

However, the donation can also be seen as a thank you for all of the enjoyment and efforts that we have already received.

I do not believe fear that a tracker will eventually fail (close its doors) is a fair reason to not donate. If everyone thinks that way, all trackers will eventually have to close or be entirely supported by owners/staff. That just isn't fair in my book.

And remember, you do not have to donate such a large amount. It's great if you can afford that kind of generosity, but many trackers have donation buttons starting at $5. How far would that go towards a [pick whatever kind of entertainment you receive from your favorite tracker and imagine that it's gone].

If my broke, Ramen eating, grad-school goin', twins due in March, ass can afford to donate, I think most people can.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234