Thread: Pros/Cons of each newsreader?

Rart's Avatar Hold The Line
    It's easy to find info on whether an indexing site is good, just do a couple of searches. Usenet providers don't seem to be too hard to find as theres quite a dominant opinion on this forum . But what I'm really looking for is specific info on the strengths and weaknesses of each newsreader.

I know there's the chart on Wikipedia, but it's less than helpful. Of like the 10 features it has on the chart, like half the newsreaders have all those features so it's near impossible to tell the difference. It seems rather barren on google too as many other usenet discussing "forums" are far more barren than this one (GJ FST ). So basically I can't find anything. I'm trying to figure out what kinds I might like more based on what I do, and whether they're really worth paying for.

What would be really helpful is if anyone could help inform me of the pros/cons of any newsreader they have had experience with. (ie xx newsreader is really easy to use but has no RSS, yy newsreader is really resource intensive but has many good features, zz newsreader is really fast at downloading but often gives errors finding the files on the server) or something like that. It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks alot!
    Last edited by Rart; 09-26-2009 at 02:56 AM.

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    SonsOfLiberty's Avatar The Lonely Wanderer
    [center]

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    Kinda depends if you're only going to be using nzb's or if you plan on crawling through the headers yourself.

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    Rart's Avatar Hold The Line
    Quote Originally Posted by SonsOfLiberty View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rart View Post
    I know there's the chart on Wikipedia, but it's less than helpful. Of like the 10 features it has on the chart, like half the newsreaders have all those features so it's near impossible to tell the difference. I
    Wikipedia chart isn't that useful

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    SonsOfLiberty's Avatar The Lonely Wanderer
    Well, don't ask for opinions then, I was drunk and only read the fist couple of lines, install them yourself and test them like everyone else does...I have 5 or 6 installed now, just install them and play around with each of them for a few days....but as a rule of thumb with me, I always have 3 installed (gernally 2), just 'cause you never know
    [center]