Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you think of "tracker invite" forums?

YAY FOR TRADING/! BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    what's tps?

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Martinator View Post
    Most of the so called invite forums are like that. IMO there is only one exeption, TPS.

Other than that, when signing up for such forums, just look at the posts in the non BT parts of them. You'll see very quick how good the forum is.

PS: I don't know what is worse, the ''good post'' posts or the staffers looking for invites (and that being the reason for starting the forum ,lol). There was some romanian forum a while back (that was english speaking, though) that was hosted on a free host (I'm a n00b at these things), solely so that the owner could get a BCG invite.
    maybe you should stop signing up to every invite forum if you feel that way

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    I've been at T-I(won't say full url,collectors& level traders will invade the place then) but left since I did not feel my opinions regarding trading were exactly the same as theirs, wich they had to be in order to be a member there. Well anyway, I got to see a little of the site before I left by my own and I can say it was not like what you described here above. Many useful suggestions were added and discussed every day, many members helped repping in new people, many helped discovering cheaters/traders etc. There were good topics that you could actually discuss something. There was no witchhunt on traders or anything like that; If you were caught as a trader, you were permabanned from there - finito, nothing more. Mods were a bit hard though, and I'd even say I suspected one of them to be a pure damn collector of trackers but otherwise from that I can't really say there was anything superbad over it.Except for the mod that seemed like a collector(he had ftwr,ftn all those req's going on at the same time) the other mods were very nice and helpful and rarely asked for invites and also gave away very many invites, saw one mod who gave 12 SCC and one who gave over 5 SCT. And it wasn't just giveaways to trackers where you can even get from here, some of them were truly amazing in "Trusted" section, can't think how it was in the VIP part. Anyway, there's one big thing I hate about it: People don't check on their invitees enough! People handed out invites just for the sake of reputation boxes(green boxes), some even put SCC GAs in the lowest section available in the forum just for the sake of reputation, there's no other reason to put it there really.

I think they're both good and bad. My opinion is split.

And the request part of the forum isn't cloaked up with newbies asking for ftn,ftwr and e****...there's no rules about who can req what but people feel what they can req. there's a few ftn requests from noobies and unfortunely when i was there you werent allowed to tell them that they will in no world in the universe get an invite to that place when you're a fresh newbie, dont know if it changed
    Last edited by NSMB; 09-27-2009 at 08:44 PM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Albo Da Kid's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    Great thread rart.. Very nice views as well

One thing that I never liked about the Goats, is that you couldn't have a open minded discussion. Every one posted with intentions to look good infront of their friends and mostly never sticked to the topic(the kissing ass and invite hopes might have had somethign to do with that.)

Another thing I didn't like about them was the hostility. When I first joined I had a shitstorm of hate coming my way.(and I wasnt the only one. every new member suffered from the same problem)
    These guys didn't like the new members at all. I think that was because they wanted a small communtiy where everyone agreed with eachother's opinions. They pictured themselves high-class thinkers, so they wanted to form the perfect forum where there's only l33t members.

Cabalo, what did they say? "We have decided that a few members don't have the capability and intelligence to hang with us, so we are thinking of a forum cleanup"...lmaoo

The reality is that these guys are not big thinkers or productive posters at all. they spend 90% of their time making goat jokes and proposing to fuck and suck eachother.. it's somewhat scary. At first i thought that it was all jokes, but when such behaviour lasts for months, you start to suspect something

Anyway enough with describing Cfs.. My overall opinion on invite forums is that they're based on artificiality. You can't even have a decent convo or warm up with someone without them asking you for a ftn invite 5 minutes later

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    The_Martinator's Avatar I is posting MACHINE BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueSounds View Post

maybe you should stop signing up to every invite forum if you feel that way
    What's wrong with trying to see what the newest invite forum is like? You never know, maybe a great one will emerge some day. And I don't sign up to every new one, just to those that get good comments on the public blogs.
    I'm back. The downside is that I'm also old now.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Martinator View Post
    [

What's wrong with trying to see what the newest invite forum is like? You never know, maybe a great one will emerge some day. And I don't sign up to every new one, just to those that get good comments on the public blogs.
    In your case what is the point? Why not jsut post in the forums that you have or better yet find a forum that's about something that interests you where you don't always have the worry in the back of your mind that the person you are talking to has some hidden agenda.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Benjamin's Avatar Poster
    If I remember correctly a lot of those invite forums used to allow trading in the past, so even if they don't now you still have the kind of people there that only care about invites. I would say TPS is the only invite forum where you can have real discussion, I haven't noticed any sucking up or anything.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Albo Da Kid's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    I apologize for interrupting the discussion but how many of you know about ********. This is an invite-forum which sells accounts to members for 15$ each, and the funny thing about it is that they don't allow traders in their community.. look how fuckud up the politics of the bt have became. Everything is starting to became so false and interest-based

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    BANNED
    @ ablo... llllllolllllll you just called them faggots lol

right on!

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    YAY FOR TRADING/! BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Quote Originally Posted by th0r
    what's tps?
    well?

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast