Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you think of "tracker invite" forums?

cinephilia's Avatar I don't like you BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    lol

[Ola, yoann]
    Last edited by cinephilia; 09-27-2009 at 11:07 PM.
    whenever people agree with me, i always feel i must be wrong.

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    Zaxx's Avatar Ol' Skool P2P BT Rep: +3
    The only invite forum that I ever took an interest in was (IZ) before they shut. It was a private, non-trader site where the admins had to pre-approve all new members. Staff as well as members kept a verrry keen eye out for any traders...which were drawn and quartered upon discovery.
    Overall it was a great place cuz of the active forums, a very active shout box and above all some of the most genuinely nice people I've ever come across in P2P over the last 8 years. Tho the site is no more, I still bs with the peeps from there all the time around the irc channels.
    As for open public invite forums that allow trading...just not my cup of tea to put it lightly, very lightly.
    I know there's several private, non-trader invite forums around now...maybe it's time I have a look/see and ask around..try and find one I like.
    "It's not what ya got, it's what you give."
    Please do not PM me for invites. Thx.

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad-Day View Post

this is me. lol
    Witch won?

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    BANNED
    Idol I will never tell!!!

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    Zaxx's Avatar Ol' Skool P2P BT Rep: +3
    You don't have to...your avatar already has.
    "It's not what ya got, it's what you give."
    Please do not PM me for invites. Thx.

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    pro267's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    I only browsed the briefly since I'm a bit low on time atm, so I may be reiterating what was already said, sorry about that.

Basically, invite forums were opened by morons seeking invites for themselves, and are used by morons seeking invites for themselves. There is no justification, per se, for the existence of invite forums other than for the purpose of swapping invites/accounts amongst their members/staffers, under the pretense of building a "community".

Some of these sites may be worse than others, others may be keeping a facade of playing nice and by the rules, but ultimately they are all damaging the community. Some of the staffers of these forums will tell you they opened up to contribute to the community - well, I say if you want to help the community go and start your own tracker, don't pimp other people's work.
    546f74616c6c792072616e646f6d20746578742e20416d617a696e671f20696e6e69742e

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    Ive been around a few of them. I find it odd that some dont alow trading, but its ok to give an invite to a complete stranger based on screenshots and a speedtest? Is it so easy?

Another site i found and was discusted was the one selling invites.
    If trackers had the man power and tim to hunt these guys it would be great. Try and go undercover , buy the invite and delete the seller. And go up the invite tree and red flag most if not all.

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by pro267 View Post
    I only browsed the briefly since I'm a bit low on time atm, so I may be reiterating what was already said, sorry about that.

Basically, invite forums were opened by morons seeking invites for themselves, and are used by morons seeking invites for themselves. There is no justification, per se, for the existence of invite forums other than for the purpose of swapping invites/accounts amongst their members/staffers, under the pretense of building a "community".

Some of these sites may be worse than others, others may be keeping a facade of playing nice and by the rules, but ultimately they are all damaging the community. Some of the staffers of these forums will tell you they opened up to contribute to the community - well, I say if you want to help the community go and start your own tracker, don't pimp other people's work.
    Thank God this isn't an invite forum.Seriously I think that more invites get given out randomly on the web than get given out here anymore.
    And you don't get invited any place from being staff here which is the way it should be.

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    The_Martinator's Avatar I is posting MACHINE BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Martinator View Post
    [

What's wrong with trying to see what the newest invite forum is like? You never know, maybe a great one will emerge some day. And I don't sign up to every new one, just to those that get good comments on the public blogs.
    In your case what is the point? Why not jsut post in the forums that you have or better yet find a forum that's about something that interests you where you don't always have the worry in the back of your mind that the person you are talking to has some hidden agenda.
    Aha, but I like weeding out people with a hidden agenda. And most of all there are a lot of good people out there that have to be guided. I'm not saying I know everything, but I do know that you can get anywhere by being as nice as you are in RL (no more) and I have some invites. I think that this hidden agenda thing seems to be spreading like a disease. It's almost like you need to do it. I mean even I get fan mail, that's so obviously fake that I wanna puke. No kidding. And who the hell am I. Let's face it, in the world of BT I'm noone.
    I'm back. The downside is that I'm also old now.

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    MODERATION BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    I used to be on IZ cause most of its staffers were my mates, but I got bored and started concentrating on trackers forums. I ve got into sdbits from TPS(i think), but I have less than 10 posts for sure overthere. The thing that bothers me most is the poor English skills of most of the regular users and the fact that they post 30 times a day in "Playing now" thread...
    Last edited by ovisan; 09-28-2009 at 06:42 AM.

Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast