Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Banned From What.CD - Questions For Anyone Who Can Help..

Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLex View Post
    Does anyone know if this ban is going to be an IP ban or not?
    why the question? planning on getting a new account soon? whoever invites you, is fucked by the way.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Hombre's Avatar Finish Him !!!! BT Rep: +1
    i think they should start a global ban on you, because you are dangerous to the BT world, as you associated with invite sellers in the first place, and this thread is probably you trying to cover your ass so that the big dogs wont come after you and expel you from BT 4ever. you are not to be trusted and who knows you also dont do monkey business with your invites. A global ban might come in order for you and the whole tree.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Albo Da Kid's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    killercam let it go bro.. i know you're dying to post but you dont wanna betray or offend your friends by posting in Fst.. We miss you in here and I know you miss this place too. I don''t think your humor was ever appreciatted anywhere else on the level that it was appreciatted here

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    MrLex's Avatar n00b
    Quote Originally Posted by Hombre View Post
    i think they should start a global ban on you, because you are dangerous to the BT world, as you associated with invite sellers in the first place, and this thread is probably you trying to cover your ass so that the big dogs wont come after you and expel you from BT 4ever. you are not to be trusted and who knows you also dont do monkey business with your invites. A global ban might come in order for you and the whole tree.
    Ouch man. Pretty harsh dont you think.
    Did you read my post..? I guess your calling me an outright liar.
    Its a pretty terrible situation that I was unfortunate to find myself in. As much as I do live in fear of big dogs hunting me down "4ever", I think my track record as a worth while contributor, uploader and poster are just fine.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Night0wl's Avatar GoaHead BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    The odds of getting your account back are not in your favor. You are a member of Waffles so just continue being a good contributing member there. People usually prefer one over the other, but given the light of circumstances you really have no choice.

Waffles is nicer anyway

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    MrLex's Avatar n00b
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabalo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLex View Post
    Does anyone know if this ban is going to be an IP ban or not?
    why the question? planning on getting a new account soon? whoever invites you, is fucked by the way.
    This is what I was basically asking.
    Not necessarily would it be possible to start a new account with this IP address, but is it strictly forbidden now that I ever do so. I guess your post answers my question though.

Quote Originally Posted by Night0wl View Post
    The odds of getting your account back are not in your favor. You are a member of Waffles so just continue being a good contributing member there. People usually prefer one over the other, but given the light of circumstances you really have no choice.

Waffles is nicer anyway
    Thanks for the advice.
    I guess this is what I'll probably just do.
    (luckly I got the invite from someone slightly less sketchy this time around).
    Last edited by MrLex; 09-28-2009 at 01:39 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    cabedna's Avatar Member BT Rep: +2
    Same thing (in a nutshell) happened to me.

My advice, too bad too sad.

Here's the thing about What.cd. And I mean this in the nicest way possible, so don't confuse my point. 80% of the admins there have some sort of issue. Some of them are on an ego trip, some are paranoid, others are very elitist. Some have all of these problems.

During my time there I dealt with quite a few of them. I will say in all fairness that some of them are VERY nice people. But sadly, and I'm just stating my opinion here, a lot of them are rude, egotistical, and elitist.

When I was banned from there (on false pretenses), the admin I talked to called me a liar and I was given no appeal. Later I was offered a fresh invite by one of the (nice) admins but I turned it down. I didn't have it in my heart to return to a tracker where so many of the admins used hostility and pedestal standing as a crutch. No matter how good the content.

I just want to say, if any What.cd members are offended by this post, that there are some VERY kind guys over there. Not a lot of them, but they ARE there. And I thank you few dudes for doing what you do.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Rart's Avatar Hold The Line
    There's nothing you can really do, nothing can really solidly prove that you "really" didn't buy/trade an invite from him.

I don't think you should be enraged when people call (or indirectly) call you a liar. As you are well aware from your post, people that come here with a new account and complain about a ban are a dime a dozen. Anyone could make up an excuse like this, and the majority probably are lying. As a result, it's very difficult to trust anyone who could be telling the truth.

And your comment about whether its an IP ban raises suspicion. You should know better than to try to create dupe accounts, it doesn't help your case at all.

But as said, you lucked out. Your inviter was a seller/trader. There's almost no way to prove/disprove what you are saying, and any torrent site will have a strict stance on traders and their invite trees. Your best bet would probably be waffles, but there is a fountain of content at DDL/usenet too, I always didn't think it was worth the effort to try to maintain a ratio at those sites.
    Last edited by Rart; 09-28-2009 at 04:12 AM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    I was disabled from What for a far lesser 'crime'. The person that invited me (via PM in this forum) was suspected of giving away invites (which he never did). That was over a year ago.

U2VjdGlvbjQ3

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    kukushka's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    Quote Originally Posted by cabedna View Post
    Here's the thing about What.cd. And I mean this in the nicest way possible, so don't confuse my point. 80% of the admins there have some sort of issue. Some of them are on an ego trip, some are paranoid, others are very elitist. Some have all of these problems.
    there's nothing new about it in bt world, the only thing is the balance at this particular tracker has changed over the time and those who weren't prepare for it, had an unpleasant surprise one way or another.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast