Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Banned From What.CD - Questions For Anyone Who Can Help..

The_Martinator's Avatar I is posting MACHINE BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by kukushka View Post
    sometimes it can be a pure bad luck, to find yourself within a tree of invite seller, it's totally unfortunate. that's why whenever possible i try to use open signups or invites from staff. since you don't have any reputation in bt world, they don't have nothing to be based on to believe you.. so basically, if they don't want you at all, even through passing an interview like somw possible new members do at their irc, there's not much you can do while keeping your consiense clear. the only reasonable variant - try to join waffles, they're about 2 times smaller, but still it's a good alternative

ps ah. looking at the screen, you have waffles. hopefully, not from the same person
    That's probably the best advice in this thread. Don't just jump at the oportunity when someone offers you an invite. Especially if you don't know him. If a staffer invites you, chances are he's not gonna get banned .

To conclude, accept invites from people you know (this is relative online) or staffers only.
    I'm back. The downside is that I'm also old now.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    Seedbox Provider
    TedMaul is a force of nature sent to this planet to ban those who stray from the rules set forth on the site.

<3 Ted, please don't hurt me

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    cinephilia's Avatar I don't like you BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Martinator View Post
    To conclude, accept invites from people you know (this is relative online) or staffers only.
    some time ago, a staffer from waffles got banned for selling invites
    whenever people agree with me, i always feel i must be wrong.

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    Quote Originally Posted by cinephilia View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Martinator View Post
    some time ago, a staffer from waffles got banned for selling invites
    Sure and a staffer at PTM was a trader or something. But chances are still smaller of you getting fu**ed. Agreed?
    Last edited by The_Martinator; 09-28-2009 at 11:19 AM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    cinephilia's Avatar I don't like you BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    chances are smaller but is it worth seeking for being invited by a staffer, knowing that it can be a long quest ? i don't think so.
    whenever people agree with me, i always feel i must be wrong.

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    Quote Originally Posted by cinephilia View Post
    chances are smaller but is it worth seeking for being invited by a staffer, knowing that it can be a long quest ? i don't think so.
    A long quest only here at FST. At some other place it's the shortest way (exept for a few trackers which can be found on several invite sections of trackers' forums). With a little effort one can be invited to most trackers by their staffers.

PS: By a little effort I don't mean asskissing. I have also not been invited everywhere by staff. Come to think of it, I've been invited to What.cd a long time ago by my own countryman, which is odd, tbh.

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    I went the donation route to get into IPT because I didn't feel safe getting an invite from here. I also irced to get into secretcinema and I never irc.

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    I went the donation route to get into IPT because I didn't feel safe getting an invite from here. I also irced to get into secretcinema and I never irc.
    I would never donate to get into a site, but thats just me, sounds like buying an invite from owner in some ways
    http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b36/Duckster666/DUCK.png
    Not looking for anything
    There are 10 kinds of people who know binary. Those who do, and those who don't.

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Given the alternatives of either getting an invite from someone I didn't know or imposing on the good will of a friend it was the lesser of evils in my opinion.

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    lisabritpop's Avatar godwillblesslisa
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckater View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    I would never donate to get into a site, but thats just me, sounds like buying an invite from owner in some ways
    why not regard it as a helpful way to support the tracker
    Last edited by lisabritpop; 09-28-2009 at 02:25 PM.
    Misfortune tests the sincerity of friends.....

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast