Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dead files in Newshosting

I have been using Newshosting for many years
    But i seem to be getting more and more dead files
    Even quite new NZB files go red when I try and download them
    Does anyone else have the same problem?
    Thanks in advance for any info.

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    I'm sure the first thing to leap off everyone's fingers/keyboard is.... DMCA.

You DO have a secondary provider...for fills? (i.e., Blocknews seems to be a fav with a lot of folks, they get a thumbs up from me)

And I'm sure you're using NZBcc to check out things before you go off sucking things off whoever... right?

And since you didn't list exactly what you're trying to grab, that it isn't pro-wrestling or p0rn or something that's so obviously in the cross-hair's of the folks giving aid and comfort to organized crime types...?

So... being that at any given time somewhere around 90% of binaries posted on usenet these days is encrypted in one way or another, it's somewhat interesting that you are hitting things that are being 'wacked'.

This of course presupposes that the plant at newshosting isn't 'gone off the rails'; It's been a VERY long time since I've even looked at them or their 'host plant', 'highwinds'.

Many will probably bring that up first and tell you to get a better server/plant.

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Beck38 View Post
    'highwinds'. Many will probably bring that up first and tell you to get a better server/plant.
    heh. Get off Highwinds. -OR- start automating your grabs. -OR- get a decent block provider.

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    And yet (once) again, I remind the OP and anyone else (!) who is 'listening', that I have yet to have ANY posting 'targeted', and this is over many years of continuous feeding the gaping maw of usenet, admittedly for a goodly chunk of that time at what was pathetic speeds (I AM in the USofSlowInternet) and pre-HD, but doing much better/faster since quite a bit before the 'great encryption' flood around the time of the demise of several 'popular' indexing sites.

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    And yet (once) again, I remind the OP and anyone else (!) who is 'listening', that I have yet to have ANY posting 'targeted', and this is over many years of continuous feeding the gaping maw of usenet, admittedly for a goodly chunk of that time at what was pathetic speeds (I AM in the USofSlowInternet) and pre-HD, but doing much better/faster since quite a bit before the 'great encryption' flood around the time of the demise of several 'popular' indexing sites.
    Nobody listens to a guy who says He has some virtually foolproof way of posting on Usenet that is easy to figure out and yet "beats" the takedown bots. Show us some proof. Show us a few Godamnn posts of popular shows (subject to rapid takedowns ) that proves your method.

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by goodbuddy View Post
    I use newshosting and have been with them a long time - I don't have any issue downloading anything, but I also use Eweka as my backup filler. As they are dutch, they cannot be touched by the likes of the DMCA :-)
    Digital World...You can't handle the Digital World! What did your Mom buy you a PUTER for Christmas!
    http://usenetgeeks.com

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by nntpjunkie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by goodbuddy View Post
    I use newshosting and have been with them a long time - I don't have any issue downloading anything, but I also use Eweka as my backup filler. As they are dutch, they cannot be touched by the likes of the DMCA :-)
    you are also a shill for newshosting and highwinds. it isnt just chance that you recomend a highwinds block provider to fill in your highwinds main provider.

8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by user3240 View Post
    Nobody listens to a guy who says He has some virtually foolproof way of posting on Usenet that is easy to figure out and yet "beats" the takedown bots. Show us some proof. Show us a few Godamnn posts of popular shows (subject to rapid takedowns ) that proves your method.
    And probably nobody cares about folks who complain about the pro-wrestling takedowns and the like (or why they chase after it in the first place), and can't figure out the silly ways that many private sites have encrypted this type of 'fare'.

If 'popular shows' means things that are completely free 'over the air' (and easily captured and processed by fairly inexpensive hardware/software), and/or are easily available via Netflix (and similarly processed with s/w and h/w), then what you are complaining about is that you can't seem to figure out how to 'do it yourself' and are relying on others work.

I don't spend my time, effort, and machines on fare that, in a few years, will join other tv ilk alongside 'Gilligan's Island' and the like in the dustbin of crud. Movies are quite another thing, although I will admit that there are a few series that are a cut above, and have been processed and posted. If there is something out there that pulls your chain, then spend the time doing it yourself; if you can't, then it must not be that important.

9. Newsgroups   -   #9

And probably nobody cares about folks who complain about the pro-wrestling takedowns and the like (or why they chase after it in the first place), and can't figure out the silly ways that many private sites have encrypted this type of 'fare'.

If 'popular shows' means things that are completely free 'over the air' (and easily captured and processed by fairly inexpensive hardware/software), and/or are easily available via Netflix (and similarly processed with s/w and h/w), then what you are complaining about is that you can't seem to figure out how to 'do it yourself' and are relying on others work.

I don't spend my time, effort, and machines on fare that, in a few years, will join other tv ilk alongside 'Gilligan's Island' and the like in the dustbin of crud. Movies are quite another thing, although I will admit that there are a few series that are a cut above, and have been processed and posted. If there is something out there that pulls your chain, then spend the time doing it yourself; if you can't, then it must not be that important.
    Nice job of deflection Beck.

The UFC PPV and Game of thrones have nothing to do with "rasslin." Neither are on OTA or Netflix. I definitely know how to upload and bypass the bots. Unlike you, I don't pretend that I have some method that is "almost in the clear," easy for anybody using Binsearch to find and still fools the takedown bots.

I would like to point out that there are free Newznab sites that can decode the obfuscated posts. There are forum based (donation optional ) sites that have humans posting the correct names of the files. Some are available on IRC.

You have confirmed my suspicions. The reason you don't have takedowns of your posts is not because you have a magic formula. It works because you like shows that have a small audience and don't raise the ire of the copyright trolls.

Thanks for playing.
    Last edited by user3240; 11-29-2013 at 11:35 AM. Reason: Addition

10. Newsgroups   -   #10
    The UFC PPV and Game of thrones have nothing to do with "rasslin." Neither are on OTA or Netflix.
    Incorrect. 'UFC' IS 'rasslin', and 'Game of Thrones' has been available (in both SD/DVD and HD/Bluray) ever since the end of the first season (or the start of the second, I can't remember which). In fact, HBO is on record saying they have 'moved up' the release date to home video, due to the widespread availability of captures through torrents; no mention, btw, of usenet.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game_of_Thrones#Piracy

You have confirmed my suspicions. The reason you don't have takedowns of your posts is not because you have a magic formula. It works because you like shows that have a small audience and don't raise the ire of the copyright trolls.
    Really? I don't think so, unless you count (as a good 'for instance') extremely popular and recent fare such as the X-men series, the Marvel movies (just to name a few sci-fi releases) and a rather huge number of multi-Academy Award flicks yes, going back quite a few years but a goodly number in the IMDB 'top 250' listing. I might add many of those have been 'zapped' in the past (within the last couple of years rather heavily), and in fact got on my 'to do' list because of it.

Yes, there are more than a few folks running open newsnab style indexers, they are easily found by the web-crawler at Google, and as well as this sites nzb's. Using mr G is the first step in trying to 'decode' any posting; to be sure, those pay-sites that are utilizing essentially 'one time pads' to both hide the posting title as well as rar-encryption, those are pretty much gone.

But like I pointed out, there's so much either 'in the clear' completely (just look at the listings here on FST) or with utilizing 'open' encryption (I've helped many here figure out that system) that does a pretty fair job of obfuscation.

A good example of 'open' postings is 'Real Time' (HBO/Bill Mahr) that has a couple folks posting it literally hours after it's 'broadcast', and have been doing so for multiple years/seasons, yet I've never seen them ever taken down. Again, not 'rasslin' or p0rn, and I guess by your definition it's a 'small audience' (so all those folks that post messages moaning and groaning on a.b.teevee when it takes the folks doing the captures more than a few hours processing it must be a figment of my imagination).

So, got any other 'examples' (like GOT or UFC/rasslin) you want to bring up? Maybe it'll jog my memory and I'll put it on my 'to do' list.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast