Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: astraweb

oddcat's Avatar Poster
    To: [email protected]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Pat,

Yes, we are still offering the $96/year plan.

If you would like to upgrade your account, please signup again for your new account on our website for the special:

When prompted for your username/password, do not proceed. Instead, email us your new order number and username and we will convert your account. A pro-rated refund will be issued on your previous order.

You will be billed $96 immediately and a refund will be issued for the unused time on your old account.

Your E-mail is much appreciated.

Best Regards,
    Daniel
    They were still selling the $96 annual sub yesterday. Works out at $8 a month.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 10-03-2009 at 08:48 PM. Reason: link removed so post would not be seen as advertising

2. Newsgroups   -   #12
    dutchmaster420's Avatar God's Son
    you signed up for the unlimited $10 a month plan which has the 1mb capped speed...1mb=128kb/s

so your getting what you payed for...follow the link someone posted for unlimted DSL plan which has no speed caps and is only $1 more per month

what is your advertised ISP speed?

3. Newsgroups   -   #13
    Rart's Avatar Hold The Line
    Quote Originally Posted by oddcat View Post
    To: [email protected]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Pat,

Yes, we are still offering the $96/year plan.

If you would like to upgrade your account, please signup again for your new account on our website for the special:

When prompted for your username/password, do not proceed. Instead, email us your new order number and username and we will convert your account. A pro-rated refund will be issued on your previous order.

You will be billed $96 immediately and a refund will be issued for the unused time on your old account.

Your E-mail is much appreciated.

Best Regards,
    Daniel
    They were still selling the $96 annual sub yesterday. Works out at $8 a month.
    Is this for real?

4. Newsgroups   -   #14
    oddcat's Avatar Poster
    ...not a wind up.
    I was following this thread - submitted a ticket on Thursday and got the above reply on Friday.

5. Newsgroups   -   #15
    SonsOfLiberty's Avatar The Lonely Wanderer
    I always say Astraweb reply within 24 hours.

Also, rart, yes it's true.
    [center]

6. Newsgroups   -   #16
    The $96/year was a special that they ran back in June or July. Apparently they are still offering to who are lucky enough to get the special link in their email reply.

7. Newsgroups   -   #17
    dutchmaster420's Avatar God's Son
    Quote Originally Posted by unoriginal View Post
    The $96/year was a special that they ran back in June or July. Apparently they are still offering to who are lucky enough to get the special link in their email reply.

all you have to do is send them an email saying another company is offering it...which they are...any they will match it

a yr is a long time in news server time and while astraweb is on top now in all around service/price, who knows in a yr...ill stick with the $11 a month for now

8. Newsgroups   -   #18
    ericab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    a yr is a long time in news server time and while astraweb is on top now in all around service/price, who knows in a yr...ill stick with the $11 a month for now
    same here. im sticking with 11 a month.
    An Excerpt from: A Declaration of the Independence of Cyberspace
    by John Perry Barlow
    Governments of the Industrial World, you weary giants of flesh and steel, I come from Cyberspace, the new home of Mind. On behalf of the future, I ask you of the past to leave us alone. You are not welcome among us. You have no sovereignty where we gather [...] I declare the global social space we are building to be naturally independent of the tyrannies you seek to impose on us.
    Read more here

9. Newsgroups   -   #19
    oddcat's Avatar Poster
    Just to let you know - I got my refund and my a/c upgraded this morning. So, no probs there. With my luck, Astraweb will now proceed to go bankrupt...

10. Newsgroups   -   #20
    I signed up with them a month ago. glad to here they have good cust service

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast