Only in a Processor.
    How to burn VCD's, SVCD's, DVD's.

First you need the programs right?
    Here's a few that work great.
    Nero 551035
    File: nero551035.exe
    Length:13624181 Bytes, 13304KB
    UUHash:=TN1hq3j9OKmsrSAwr2CXwkn3dto=

Nero SVCD MPEG2 Plug-in (Needed to burn SVCD's with Nero)
    File: Nero SVCD MPEG2 Plug-in.exe
    Length:352256 Bytes, 344KB
    UUHash:=vGlSlxy6rTQK7m13CsYEb/dzViA=

Easy CD Creator 5.0.2
    File: EasyCDCreator502b.exe
    Length: 89048355 Bytes, 86961 KB
    UUHash: =j7dNdwgS5XJ256G3mCOhMAZCviY=

Ulead Video Studio 7.0
    File: Ulead Video Studio 7.exe
    Length: 83205392 Bytes, 81255 KB
    UUHash: =tk+tvGtwR3VD5QfKpK6ibslPKk8=

TMPGenc Plus
    You can download it from here--->click k-lite codec pack, then scroll down to it.

*NOTE
    The files with Length= 1 Bytes, 0 KB are just the .dat sizes, not the real size. You'll have to wait for a user to give you the right length. Or if someone could post the real hashes, that would be helpful too.

BIG NOTE ALWAYS USE THE WIZARDS!!!

First you need to learn what they stand for

VCD stands for Video Compact Disk (CD), SVCD stads for Super Video CD, and DVD stands for Digital Video Disk. Most DVD players will play them, but there are some exceptions. If it doesn't, stop reading here, if your not sure, you must test. To test, just create a VCD, and pop it in your DVD player. I don't think any kind of DVD player will play SVCD's and not VCD's.

OK the step-by-step. I'll start off with the easiest (or worst quality)

---VCD---

---Nero---
    1. Open Nero, can be found on the desk top or in the start menu. I suggest opening Nero Express.
    2. Go to Video/Pictures----> then Video CD. Press add, then you can find where your files are, if you know how to maneuver your way through a browser. But, if you don't, move your files, prior to you pressing add, to the desktop. Then you can click add, then you press desktop at the left part of the window, and it should be there. Add all the files you want to.
    3. Now click next. This will show you what your start-up menu will be like. I'm pretty sure you know what you want.
    4. Now click next after you have everything. And when you want to, you can click burn.

---Easy CD Creator---
    1. Open up Easy CD Creator. It can be found either on your desktop, or in your startmenu under Roxio Easy CD Creator. Open Project selector.
    2. When in it, go into make a photo or video CD--->Video CD.
    3. When in it, DO NOT CLICK the "Do not run Wizard at startup" for it will skrew you up in the future, if you decide to use Easy CD Creator.
    4. Well, click Next >. You want to press the button for One Level Menu Structure. Click Next >. Click the Add... button.
    5. Again, if you are illitorite with the browser, move the files you want to you desktop. When in there, press the icon that looks like a folder and a arrow that looks like as many times as you can possibly. Find your video(s), and add it/them. When done, click open.
    6. And click Next>. Click Next> again. The next menu is to add start-up video sequences to your vcd. You should add little files to them, I suggest nothing extremely big, maybe something under 1 min.
    7. When done, click Next>. Now you can create a backround to your menu after your start-up video is done. After you have, click Next>. I don't think you want to go through the time and make little sceens to your vcd, but if you do, just click how many of these you want, you don't want too many, and you don't want just a few, so it depends on how long your video is. Ex. 1 hr-6 sceens. 2 hrs-12 sceens, and so on....
    8. Now click Next>. Now it's time to select what buttons you want for your sceens, just use the default ones.
    9. Click Next>. Adding pages, i don't think you want to do this, if you do, you will have to go back to video sequenses. Click Next>. You can watch your VCD now, if you wish, or you can burn it. Click Create the CD now. And press finish.
    And it says "EASY cd creator"

---Ulead Video Studio---
    1. First press the open button at the bottom left part of the screen, it will open up a small caption, asking insert video, Image, and audio, the audio has a caption thats connected to it. Press the insert video button.
    2. Next, it will open a browser window, if you move the video to your desktop, it's real easy. Click the up one level until you can't no more. That will mean you have it on your desktop, click what video's you want to put on your VCD.
    3. Next it's burning time. Click the Share v at the top right part of the screen. It will create a caption again, click create cd. It will ask you to save the project. Save it whatever you want. It will open a new window. On the output disc format, click the v again.
    4. Then you will have the options of DVD, VCD, and SVCD. Click the VCD, since this is what you want to make. Then, you can add chapters, if you want if you want to take the time for it.
    5. Click Next> at the bottom right of the screen, if you don't want to add an image to the backround of the start-up of this VCD. You have a choice to add audio to the backround also.
    6. When you have done what you want, click Next>. You will see a place where you can check if you want it to be that way, or not (just something to help you make your mind up).
    7. Click Next> if you have no further changes. If you do, hit <Back. You can make a title of your dvd, if you like. If not, hit Output at the bottom right part of the screen. And finaly, you&#39;re burning your VCD.

---TMPGenc---
    1. The first window/all windows, is/are very self explanitory, if you don&#39;t know how to read, your in big trouble.
    2. Click Next> Browse for you file, and again, if your illiterate in the browse technique, read #5 of Easy CD Creators instructions. Or you can just drag-drop your file onto the Project Wizard.
    3. Click Next>. Now, if you want to edit things to make it sound real clear, you can do so in this window. I&#39;m pretty sure, you&#39;re smart enough to figure this out, but this is and explanation, so in the source range, you need a start frame, and end frame. You need to watch, and cut it yourself. Also, you can correct the audio gap that is in there by this window.
    4. With clip frame you can re-arrange, resize, or cut or add black borders to the picture/video.*by ck-uk
    5. Noise Reduction, Need I have to tell?
    6. Click Next>. This shows you what your vcd is going to turn out like, so if you want to turn back, and add more things, your welcome to do that, just go back to step 2.
    7. If not, click Next> you can create a file for it, and then you are done. I suggest you create it on your desktop, so that it would be easier for my other explanations to tell.

---Now SVCD---
    or better Quality than VCD&#39;s

---Nero---
    1. Follow Step 1-2 in the guide for VCD&#39;s in Nero, except press Super Video CD (SVCD).
    2. Follow Step 3-4 in the guide for VCD&#39;s in Nero.

---Easy CD Creator---
    1. Very Simple, IT DOESN"T ALLOW SVCD&#39;S. That&#39;s one of the features I hate about it.

---Ulead Video Studio---
    1. Follow Step 1-4 for Ulead Video Studio, under VCD, except click SVCD instead of VCD.
    2. Follow Step 5-7 for Ulead Video Studio, under VCD, except with SVCD in there, instead of VCD.

---TMPGenc---
    1. Follow Step 1-7 for TMPGenc, under VCD, except click SVCD.

---DVD---
    or really high quality video

---Nero---
    1. Follow Step 1-2 in the guide for VCD&#39;s in Nero, except press DVD.
    2. Follow Step 3-4 in the guide for VCD&#39;s in Nero.

---Easy CD Creator---
    1. Very Simple, IT DOESN"T ALLOW DVD&#39;S. This is yet another one of the features I hate about it.

---TMPGenc---
    1. Follow Step 1-7 for TMPGenc, under VCD, except click DVD.

*Note Things that have been edited to be better.

I know this is kinda lame, because of all the people that know how to do it, I also may be wasting some time doing this, but I guess others can link it to their post, so they don&#39;t have to discribe how to, when a n00b comes on.

here&#39;s a link for dvdrhelp.com just for ppl that want a better explanation.
    Only in a computer will I find happiness.

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    Poster
    good post though most ppl want to know how to convert between these. Also most ppl link to dvdrhelp but still, I&#39;m sure this will come in handy at some point

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    uNz[i]'s Avatar Out of order
    Talk about perfect timing&#33;

I&#39;m talking to a mate on msn right now. This is just the kind of info he&#39;s after.
    Good work [P][RO][CE][SS][OR] B)

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    BANNED
    Yeah mate nice post..i dont think theres any encoding guides in movie world.

Only one criticism mate ..Your descripton of clip frame is wrong..if u would like to edit.

With clip frame u can re-arrange,resize,or,cut or add black borders to the picture/video.

And noise reducton dos&#39;nt actually have anything to do with audio either.

noise reduction takes of niose that can be found on edges of the video.Adding noise reduction will improve image quality.

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    Only in a Processor.
    Originally posted by ck-uk@6 October 2003 - 16:16
    Yeah mate nice post..i dont think theres any encoding guides in movie world.

Only one criticism mate ..Your descripton of clip frame is wrong..if u would like to edit.

With clip frame u can re-arrange,resize,or,cut or add black borders to the picture/video.

And noise reducton dos&#39;nt actually have anything to do with audio either.

noise reduction takes of niose that can be found on edges of the video.Adding noise reduction will improve image quality.
    ok, I&#39;ll edit it right now. I just didn&#39;t understand it really all that much in TMPGenc, I actually just downloaded it last night, and havn&#39;t had enough time to mess around with it.

I know it&#39;s really hard to type all that out, so I made a guide.

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    muchspl2
    I give a better warning on letting Nero do any of the encoding, if they get a movie thats NOT upside down, the quality sucks compared to the others listed

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    Only in a Processor.
    Originally posted by muchspl2@6 October 2003 - 23:24
    I give a better warning on letting Nero do any of the encoding, if they get a movie thats NOT upside down, the quality sucks compared to the others listed
    I agree. This is why I try to use Ulead Video Studio for more of my Video Productions. It allows you to set your Video bitrate, for SVCD&#39;s, but this is a noobs guide, so I just left that feature out.

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    muchspl2
    I&#39;ve never used unlead, but tmpgenc allows that, but you would have to skip your rule about using the wizard
    rest looks great, good job

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    Only in a Processor.
    Originally posted by muchspl2@6 October 2003 - 23:33
    I&#39;ve never used unlead, but tmpgenc allows that, but you would have to skip your rule about using the wizard
    rest looks great, good job
    I&#39;ll have to look through the TMPGenc.

I&#39;ve also heard of a program, it starts with an N. It&#39;s supposedly the greatest video editors in the world so far. I hear that it probably does 75-80% of the worlds movie editing. The lord of the rigns were edited was edited with this program, and MOSTLY everybody likes that.

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    could be worth pinning i suppose, i guess that is what ur after&#33;

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast