Thread: Battle Angel

Just finish reading, a very good series. Highly recommended.
    now looking forward to J. Cameron's movie.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    n00bz0r's Avatar Say what? BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by coreguy View Post
    Just finish reading, a very good series. Highly recommended.
    now looking forward to J. Cameron's movie.
    Alita is a creation from an age of despair. Found by the mysterious Dr. Ido while trolling for cyborg parts, Alita becomes a lethal, dangerous being. She cannot remember who she is, or where she came from. But to Dr. Ido, the truth is all too clear. She is the one being who can break the cycle of death and destruction left behind from Tiphares. But to accomplish her true purpose, she must fight and kill. And that is where Alita's true significance comes to bear. She is an angel from heaven. She is an angel of death. Written by Anthony Harmon

Set in the 26th century, the story takes place 300 years after a societal collapse caused by a major war. In that society, it's a technological dark age following a pinnacle of achievement far beyond where we are right now. Cyborg technology is a way of life. People are augmented a lot as workers, so being a cyborg is not unusual. The main character is a cyborg. She has an organic human brain, and she looks like she's about fourteen years old. She has a completely artificial body and she's lost her memory. She is found in a wreckage and reconstituted by a cyber-surgeon who becomes her surrogate father.
    sounds interesting. I am definitely gonna check it out.

PS: did some research on google and IMDB.
    Imaging will be done with CG animation and will be shot in 3D using the stereo imaging system that James Cameron had been developing for his documentaries. cool i say. :p
    Last edited by n00bz0r; 06-08-2009 at 04:20 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

3. Lounge   -   #3
    spacetrader22's Avatar Member
    I keep hearing they are going to make this into a movie but it always stalls out.