Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Stylexp Or Windows Blinds?

Poster
    Which one of this, StyleXp or Windows Blind, is a better and more preferable Visual Styles software for Windows XP Home?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    I used StyleXp before my last format disk and works fine,is not resource hoger and you can find lot of themes for him.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    my vote goes 4 windowblinds...

ok it does take up sum resources, but know where near as much as people like 2 think...

i say try windowblinds

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    don't know if u had this problem, but when i use windows blinds, my tvout feature doesn't work in display settings. weird. so i stopped usingi windows blinds. anyone knw if stylexp screws up ur tv out?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    I tried StyleXP before, I didn't have much problems with it.

but from what i gather, window blinds seems to have a larger variety of visual styles to pick and customise from.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1
    styleXP is best

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    BANNED
    Nah, i dont like installing all them full theme apps.U could go for one like matalic shades.No ugly chuncky curves,just nice straight slim edges.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Originally posted by ck-uk@6 October 2003 - 14:08
    Nah, i dont like installing all them full theme apps.U could go for one like matalic shades.No ugly chuncky curves,just nice straight slim edges.
    Hi.mate, is me in the picture

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Windows blinds is great for those who don't run XP. For those who do, StyleXP is preferrable as it uses XP's own in built skinning engine. WindowsBlinds is really just skinning on top of windows and subsequently needs more memory. There are loads of themes available for both, i can't comment on WB's as i've never used it.

What usually comes from these discussions is that the UXTHEME Multi-Patcher is the best option. With XP 'patched', there is no need for any third party apps. Simply select themes via Windows display properties. Make sure and follow the instructions and you will have no problems with it.

The best place to find themes and visual styles is http://www.themexp.org/ .

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Izagaia's Avatar Her angel of darkness
    Beyond midnight, near you, in darkness...
    The manual version of the UXTHEME.dll patch is your best and safest alternative to StyleXP. Made by TGT Soft as freeware so it is a helluva lot more stable than the auto-patch version, which produces mixed results for many users.

Here is a link to the downloads for the patch and instructions:

Manual Patching Made Easy

Besure to use the correct version. SP-1 or Non Sp-1.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast