Thread: Problem With Playing Starship Titanic

Hi,

I just BOUGHT Starship Titanic, yes, bought, I downloaded it at first but it didn't work so I bought it instead. Anyway, to make a long story short, I got it today, installed it, and played it. That is, I TRIED to play it. But in the first stages of the game, it froze. People who know this game will know where I'm talking about, in the first scenes in the house, as you're changing rooms and ending up in the room with the PC, standing on a table. There, the mouse pointer should clearly be... well... pointing. But it's not. All there is, is music. Only music. I know it froze, because no matter which key I press on the keyboard it has no affect...

If someone could please explain to me in a rather simple way, as I'm not that much into computers, how I can fix this annoying problem, it would be great. Because the game costed me $25, and I'm not able to play it, and it pisses me off.

Cheers

Mcern

2. Games   -   #2
    OFRowland
    I don't know anything about the game but it sounds like your PC is choking on the music files.

See if there's a way to turn the music off. Failing that, it could be near anything. Also see if there's any patches/fixes/known bugs/workarounds for said bugs on the game developers website.

Other than that, without more detailed info, I couldn't help you. That said, I have a similiar problem with Total Club Manager 2003 - my PC doesn't like the Mp3 files the game plays as music. I just turn it off and run Winamp instead, or used to - TCM2003 was WAY too buggy but would have been a Champ Manager beater.

-OFR

3. Games   -   #3
    When I was installing it, I got a message about some special multimedia thing that I needed from windows 95. As I have win2000, I thought "well that's not going to be a problem" and ignored it. That is, I checked it out, tried to do what it wanted me to do, but I couldn't find anything called Windows setup or whatever it was in add/remove programs. This must be where the problem is. But it says the game is compatible with win2000...

4. Games   -   #4
    Anyone?

5. Games   -   #5
    Double Agent
    Originally posted by Mcern@6 October 2003 - 14:14
    Hi,

I just BOUGHT Starship Titanic, yes, bought, I downloaded it at first but it didn't work so I bought it instead. Anyway, to make a long story short, I got it today, installed it, and played it. That is, I TRIED to play it. But in the first stages of the game, it froze. People who know this game will know where I'm talking about, in the first scenes in the house, as you're changing rooms and ending up in the room with the PC, standing on a table. There, the mouse pointer should clearly be... well... pointing. But it's not. All there is, is music. Only music. I know it froze, because no matter which key I press on the keyboard it has no affect...

If someone could please explain to me in a rather simple way, as I'm not that much into computers, how I can fix this annoying problem, it would be great. Because the game costed me $25, and I'm not able to play it, and it pisses me off.

Cheers

Mcern
    if you spent 25 bucks on something that wont play, then u deserve a refund

take it back to the store for your money back.

(b4 u do, make a copy first since you are allowed to make a legal backup copy of the cds you own)

6. Games   -   #6
    If I was to return it, I would have to spend another $25 on sending the item back, as I purchased it via E-Deals USA. Since I live in Norway, it would cost a great deal of money to send it back, so if they did give me a refund, I would still be about $25 short, might be even more, as I don't know how much it would cost to send it back...

So I'm really counting for you Kazaa Lit'ers out there to give me some help

Thanks

Mcern