Page 1 of 14 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Global bans

Ok there is quiet a lot of talk about global bans and I was wondering how many people really know much about it
    1. Do all sites now about the global ban and inforce them?
    2. What would you do if global banned?
    3. Do you think people who are globally banned should have a place to go to plead there case or should they just plead it to the tracker/s that initiated the global ban?
    http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b36/Duckster666/DUCK.png
    Not looking for anything
    There are 10 kinds of people who know binary. Those who do, and those who don't.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +1
    No staffer does start a process to global ban someone without any reasons, meaning, when global banned you won't get your accs back unless you were hacked and you had no control over what happened.

1. Do all sites now about the global ban and inforce them?

Not at all. Some trackers only care about them selfs, if the user didn't screw up there he will be fine. Depends on the site policy, some only ban cheaters, some traders, and so on.

Edit: "DISABLED PRIVS" I just noticed. Could some mod in a single post explain why? Don't really want to create a thread over this.
    Last edited by I'm Hot; 10-02-2009 at 11:45 AM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    The term "global ban" is a joke. Maybe the term "banned from a few select sites" would be more fitting as I'm sure not every tracker(or even close) participates when a staffer tries to initiate one.

Just ask Cabalo. His supposed global banned was what, a few sites at the most?

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    lisabritpop's Avatar godwillblesslisa
    just my personal opinion..

1.I'm sorry I'm not familiar with it
    2.I would feel depressed and then post a thread here to win sympathy....haha just kidding,i would say to myself,they are just trackers , not my life.
    3.I think no staffers would like to global ban a person without any reasons,if they do like that,u must have made a silly mistake or even worse,so its useless to plead
    Last edited by lisabritpop; 10-02-2009 at 01:07 PM.
    Misfortune tests the sincerity of friends.....

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +1
    I'd say it's probably just the wrong term, you can't really say some user is going to get banned everywhere, you can say though that you will report him to every tracker out there and that they will deal with him as they want, they can either ban or just keep a close eye on him, who knows.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    The_Martinator's Avatar I is posting MACHINE BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Of course noone gets globaly banned in the absolute meaning of the word. I think the phrase is used to scare people. Call it general prevention.
    I'm back. The downside is that I'm also old now.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    lisabritpop's Avatar godwillblesslisa
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Martinator View Post
    Of course noone gets globaly banned in the absolute meaning of the word. I think the phrase is used to scare people. Call it general prevention.
    scare
    Misfortune tests the sincerity of friends.....

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    TS.org
    I have to laugh myself when I read these global ban comments, its nothing short of ridiculous to think that one site can get a user banned from every other torrent site they may be a member of.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Poster BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkin' View Post
    The term "global ban" is a joke. Maybe the term "banned from a few select sites" would be more fitting as I'm sure not every tracker(or even close) participates when a staffer tries to initiate one.
    invite sellers get "global" ban. Just look at what happened to those caught by what.cd (or was it waffles or perhaps both).

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Maybe there are some cases of a global ban, but I bet they were using the same name or email address across a few different trackers.

I know that I had to do something to get banned at each tracker individually.

Page 1 of 14 123411 ... LastLast