Thread: An ethics "waiver"?

j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Last edited by j2k4; 10-05-2009 at 12:57 AM.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    ...to me, at any rate.

Not so much, for the rest of you - I guess government-sponsored slime is more, uhmmmm...transparent, maybe?
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    Bumpety fucking bump, you cherry-pickers.

Don't know what to do with the tough ones, eh?

How 'bout you, Busyman?

-Mark Twain

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    I don't see what has your knickers in a twist here other than the fact that "ethics" and "waiver" are mentioned in the same sentence.
    Let's see...someone who used to be privately involved in a project is now being called on to continue that involvement during federal employ.
    Boy howdy, reeks of....erm, something, doesn't it.

You cry wolf so frequently these days- and with such screeching tenor- that it's getting easier to just ignore you than respond to your GlenBeckian doomsday predictions.

Not to mention the fact that scenarios that were so common during the last Republican admin have suddenly been elevated into crisis situations during Obama's tenure.
    Your credibility would be much higher had you issued one peep during the Bush years about things that suddenly seem to outrage you.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    lynx's Avatar .
    Now you've done it, clocker.

I was beginning to hope that if we all ignored these pointless rants then J2 might just get the hint. Ok, probably a rather forlorn hope, but it was there just the same. There will be no stopping him now though.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post
    I don't see what has your knickers in a twist here other than the fact that "ethics" and "waiver" are mentioned in the same sentence.
    Let's see...someone who used to be privately involved in a project is now being called on to continue that involvement during federal employ.
    Boy howdy, reeks of....erm, something, doesn't it.

You cry wolf so frequently these days- and with such screeching tenor- that it's getting easier to just ignore you than respond to your GlenBeckian doomsday predictions.

Not to mention the fact that scenarios that were so common during the last Republican admin have suddenly been elevated into crisis situations during Obama's tenure.
    Your credibility would be much higher had you issued one peep during the Bush years about things that suddenly seem to outrage you.
    Given all you just said, I must inform you I took a bit of time to explore the entire list of "ethics waivers" granted by the Bush administration.

I found no such list, nor any evidence the Bush administration ever engaged in the practice of granting such a waiver.

So, it's a new thing, then?

-Mark Twain

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Yes.
    "Ethics" were invented after the Bush reign.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg