Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jmhservices

OlegL's Avatar Poster
    I have a question to those of you that are using jmhservices seedboxes/servers. Did you enjoy using them? I ordered an unmetered 250 GB server from them for 65 euros and curious why it is cheaper than the 75 euro/month seedbox with 200 GBs of space that they are advertising. Is it because the seedbox has a better hardware than the server that I ordered or is it because the seedbox has an additional software installed, such as utorrent?
    Anyway, tell me more about your experience with jmhservices. Did you enjoy the speeds you were getting from them?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    OlegL's Avatar Poster
    Okay, I ordered the server at 9 am today and my server became ready after 8 pm today. So far, everything seems great. There was only one problem: it was running Debian 4.0 instead of the newer Debian Lenny. (Rtorrent 0.8.5 couldn't work with the version of libcurl that Debian 4.0 installed). But I easily upgraded to Debian Lenny and Lenny installed the version of libcurl rtorrent 0.8.5 can work with, so now rtorrent is running just fine. There was no home user on the system; I was only able to login as root, but I easily created a home user. (This is also a very good thing because Lucas from *********.pl was always doing the opposite thing, which was that he kept forgetting setting up a root password as soon as my orders were finalized.)
    So, based on this experience, I like jmhservices.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Hombre's Avatar Finish Him !!!! BT Rep: +1
    good, i was thinking to purchase one too. i think this review of yours made up my mind.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    OlegL's Avatar Poster
    They probably installed the old Debian because that's not what they usually install, according to their website. It seems like they usually install CentOS, but I specifically mentioned Debian (without saying what version I wanted) when filling out the order form. It's possible they would have installed Debian Lenny if I had specifically mentioned it. The site mentions Debian Sarge as an available option which is the version of Debian that is even older than the one they installed.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Ive used jhm servers before and they are brilliant. Tier 1 boxes. A great server host.

Always fast for support as well.
    Last edited by scooter; 10-09-2009 at 01:16 PM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    unfortunately they are overpriced.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by joey View Post
    unfortunately they are overpriced.

Are you for real ?

They dont resell any crappy ovh servers. There BW is great at they have great speeds to hole world. Try to find a good provider with unlimited traffic cheaper with that bw quality.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Vars
    They're overpriced. 200GB should never cost 79 euros.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    uNseen's Avatar Member
    Edit

Good seedbox provider
    Last edited by uNseen; 11-12-2009 at 10:47 PM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    OlegL's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by uNseen View Post

15 mb/sec (~9mb/sec on DL + ~6 mb/sec on UPL). This was TL tracker and i made around ~300 gb within 5-6 days.

15 Mbit/sec, do you mean? It's not a great speed for a 100 Mbit seedbox. I don't think you meant to say "15 MB/sec" because this speed is above 100 mbit/sec.

But why didn't you buy their dedicated server, which is cheaper and with a bigger hard drive(65 euros/per month)? If you wanted to have a server that was for seedboxes purposes only, you would have been better off buying their unmetered server for 65 euros.

Edit: Oops, sorry. Yes, you meant 15 MB/sec. You simply added your downloading speed to your uploading speed.

Edit: But, still, it's strange that the highest uploading speed you achieved was only 6 MB/sec. I myself was getting above 11 MB/sec (maybe above 12 MB/sec) on many new torrents. (I am talking about uploading speed specifically).
    Last edited by OlegL; 10-18-2009 at 01:21 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast