Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm convinced that it's impossible to seed on bitmetv

"cross-seeding" is the key. bmtv's pretime is asctully far behind lots tracker, even TL beats it on most of TV show.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Scytalle's Avatar ...Pariah...
    you really can't seed back on bitmetv, with a seedbox? you should easily be able to get 3 or 4 ratio on on all those new episodes that are released. Which is enough to to be able seed those old tv show packs that will take a while to seed.
    RiP bittorrent trackers, your age is ending
    -

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    OlegL's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Scytalle View Post
    you should easily be able to get 3 or 4 ratio on on all those new episodes that are released.
    Absolutely true.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    I agree that it's tough, but it can be done.

-Do some research first. Find some popular shows, and then see whether the number of snatches is going up or down with each episode. You want to choose the shows that are becoming more popular over time.

-Do your downloading during prime-time in the US. That's generally when the most popular shows are released.

-Skip the 720p releases if you're trying to build a ratio. For whatever reason, I've always had much better luck with the non-HD releases. And they're way more popular too.

-Obviously, seed for as long as possible. After the initial release, there will always be plenty of people who download it over the next 2-3 days.

I've been able to maintain a good ratio on a home connection, but it definitely takes some work. Good luck!
    Last edited by 4rainertunes; 10-06-2009 at 05:50 AM. Reason: typo

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    It's a great site. I wish I could "afford" to use it. I've managed to build up a 11.5 GB buffer. I could actually dl some of the shows I want, but it is easier to grab them elsewhere. Wish that wasn't the case.

Would be my favorite TV site if that was different.
    I feel the same way easily the best TV site except for the fact that you have to strategize over every download.I don't think that was the intent of the people who created file sharing.

The utter stupidity of downloading something that you've already downloaded someplace else . Can't say that I never do it but also can't say that I don't feel like a complete asshole when doing it.

Also I actually watch TV and to download something 5 minutes after I've just watched it just because it's popular therefore I know it will prolong my life on a site is something I'm not proud of.

Is anyone really, in the true sense, sharing here ? Aren't we are all just protecting our own petty self interests.

Impossible to seed at ? No my 500GB buffer *would beg to differ .
    Pleasant to seed at ? A different story entirely.

* I worry about the buffer because I like the VIP status undoubtedly proving I'm a cawk.

Edit. Reading some of the other posts it looks like I'm more or less alone in moralizing.
    Hardly shocking.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    KushBlow's Avatar Zen BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    RSS shows like Heroes, Entourage, HIMYM, Dexter, TBBT, and so on. It's impossible NOT to seed if you RSS it, and make the RSS check every say 15 secs.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    cinephilia's Avatar I don't like you BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    irc downloader is the key.
    whenever people agree with me, i always feel i must be wrong.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    xJohnxSmithx's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    There are a couple of other good tv trackers that are easy to maintain. I'd suggest tvt.com.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    It's a great site. I wish I could "afford" to use it. I've managed to build up a 11.5 GB buffer. I could actually dl some of the shows I want, but it is easier to grab them elsewhere. Wish that wasn't the case.

Would be my favorite TV site if that was different.
    I feel the same way easily the best TV site except for the fact that you have to strategize over every download.I don't think that was the intent of the people who created file sharing.

The utter stupidity of downloading something that you've already downloaded someplace else . Can't say that I never do it but also can't say that I don't feel like a complete asshole when doing it.

Also I actually watch TV and to download something 5 minutes after I've just watched it just because it's popular therefore I know it will prolong my life on a site is something I'm not proud of.

Is anyone really, in the true sense, sharing here ? Aren't we are all just protecting our own petty self interests.

Impossible to seed at ? No my 500GB buffer *would beg to differ .
    Pleasant to seed at ? A different story entirely.

* I worry about the buffer because I like the VIP status undoubtedly proving I'm a cawk.

Edit. Reading some of the other posts it looks like I'm more or less alone in moralizing.
    Hardly shocking.
    BT was meant to be an efficient way to share files. From wha tI have experienced on BMTV, it is a place where people park files they have grabbed elsewhere, much easier.

Obviously, I have not beaten myself up over the necessary "strategy-based" system there. After a while of doing exactly what you described, Idol, I just quit pursuing a buffer and went elsewhere. My 11.5 GB windfall is enough for me to grab some almost-impossible-to-find cooking shows without draining the account.

I pay enough for, and am quite capable of even reviving dead torrents with my cable connection. I am not going to invest in a seedbox anytime soon, if ever. None of my other accounts, have any kind of "tightness" in them except Bitme, which also has a 10GB buffer. I have that in case I need something for school, which is more than enough- especially since ebooksshares has a much better selection. Most everything else I saw (not a thorough search, admittedly, -was available on Demonoid).

I realize that co-seeding and cross-seeding, co-cross-seeding, and even co-cross-cross-co-DHT seeding (OK, so I made a couple of those up...) have their place- when it is for the good of the site, but more often than not, it is 20+ seeders and 1 leech on a file that has been available for 10 minutes. There is no benefit, need, or efficiency in that type of "sharing".

I am also one who only downloads what I intend to use. Only in the rare circumstance that I see something that truly needs help, will I download just to download.

Really, if I wanted to jerk off, I would go to a more appropriate site.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    Benjamin's Avatar Poster
    I like the fact that bitmetv is hard to seed, gives me more of a challenge. I only download files exclusive to the site, otherwise I get them elsewhere. I'm pretty sure the site was built that way to keep torrents alive longer and keep pay2leech donations flowing.
    "She tried to be sexy, I asked her can you stop, I want the real deal I don't want a hand job."

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast