Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: I'm convinced that it's impossible to seed on bitmetv

cabedna's Avatar Member BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by Scytalle View Post
    you really can't seed back on bitmetv, with a seedbox? you should easily be able to get 3 or 4 ratio on on all those new episodes that are released. Which is enough to to be able seed those old tv show packs that will take a while to seed.
    Sounds like it should work right?

Well not for me. I grabbed House last night when it had only 1 seeder. Within seconds it was up to 200 seeders and even though I left it going for hours, I didn't even seed back what I leeched.

And this was on a 1GBPS seedbox.

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    OlegL's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by cabedna View Post

Well not for me. I grabbed House last night when it had only 1 seeder. Within seconds it was up to 200 seeders and even though I left it going for hours, I didn't even seed back what I leeched.

Maybe your seedbox has an incorrect set up? I jumped on a 50 GB torrent during my third or second day of membership there with a 1 Gbps seedbox and I easily achieved the ratio above 1 on that torrent.
    Last edited by OlegL; 10-06-2009 at 05:56 PM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Was it updating ? I have that trouble on TVT and I need to cancel and redownload it something like 3 times before it "takes" .Only site that I have that problem on.

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    Quote Originally Posted by OlegL View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cabedna View Post

Maybe your seedbox has an incorrect set up? I jumped on a 50 GB torrent during my third or second day of membership there with a 1 Gbps seedbox and I easily achieved the ratio above 1 on that torrent.
    I'm quite sure my seedbox works fine.

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    I never had any trouble seeding there with a 50KB/s upload speed. You are doing something wrong

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    bmtv is easy to seed at. theres a few tricks. first off, you need to upload content and its easy because they have slow pre's and miss lots of shows. also get a free usenet acct or something and upload tv dvdr's and you get massive upload from that compared to a small 200mb file which everyone probably has as well and would jump on instantly after you upload it. theres rarely any dvdr's and its a big loophole which you can take advantage of and also make the site better.

also there site is so laggy in the evening time you get timeout errors and what not if you even try to go to the site on any evening when popular shows are preing. dont even bother on sun, mon, and thursdays. you need an irc auto in order to get the files those nights and even then you'll get red torrents. site unavailable and heavy traffic, or tracker timeout.

so just grab what u need from 0day. cross seed, jump on what you cant get other places, and upload dvdr.

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by PhillyEagles View Post

so just grab what u need from 0day. cross seed.
    The essential fallacy in that practice is that you have downloaded exactly zero from the site .The more people doing that the fewer people to actually upload to, hence you are only making a bad situation worse.

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    Poster BT Rep: +2
    just learn how to partial seed and jump on popular torrents as soon as its announced in the IRC
    this isn't hard...
    Got to 60GB in 2 weeks
    BitMe (compared to BMTV) on the other hand is hard to seed.

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    I too had that same problem and dilema.

But it took me a few weeks to come with a solution.

Why continue with BITMTV if you can get same stuff from TL, REVOTT, SCC and SCT. Its by far the best tv tracker hands down, but why waste your sedbox on building a buffer. There are alot of 0day and tv trackers out there, combined they are best way for you to sleep at night.

If you think with seedboxyou can have a buffer on Bitmtv the same as TL or Revott , then your dreaming

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    That's a point I frequently make.

People wet their pants over trackers like this, and the fact is they just aren't worth it.

Think about it. You can get the same shows 3 minutes later on a site like IPT and seeding will be effortless. Which brings up the point...why would you spend hours and hours strategically building up a modest buffer on BMTV for 3 minutes difference in pretimes.

Seriously... I want someone to try and tell me why I'm wrong here.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast