Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Win2k Laptop Screen Problem?

I have an ATI graphics card too...so maybe that's the problem.I've tried installing Windows ME, Windows 2000, and XP - none of them work.Same old blank screen crap, after the startup screen is loaded.Or...at the end of the installation...it'll just go blank....so I think the ATI graphic cards has something to do with this problem...

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    ati mobility u1 by any chance, otherwise know as an igp 320m aswell.

edit: ive never tried it with any other os apart from 2k, and xp, and xp works fine,

also u said u had win2k server, does the server use the service packs too, if so what service pack did u have, mines was slipstreamed to sp4.

if u also have sp4, i may try it with sp3 to see if sp4 is maybe the problem?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    lynx's Avatar .
    The same service packs apply to 2k Server and 2k Pro. It is unlikely that the service packs will make any difference.

ATI:
    Display drivers and multimedia applications for notebooks with ATI graphics solutions are available for download from your Notebook manufacturer.

For your convenience, a list of links to notebook manufacturers is available in the ATI Onboard section of our website.

The display driver supplied with a given notebook has been customized for:

* the built-in flat panel display
        * any other graphics or video options installed in that specific computer.

As a result of these customizations, ATI Customer Care is unable to offer drivers for notebooks.

We recommend that you:

* use the driver supplied with your notebook computer, or,
        * obtain a driver update from the manufacturer of your notebook computer.

Support for a specific driver feature (such as hardware acceleration of OpenGL) may be incorporated into a particular display driver (or not) at the discretion of the notebook manufacturer. If you have any questions regarding the features or functionality of a particular display driver, please consult with your notebook manufacturer.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    oh well, i thought the sp may have made a difference,
    i got the same thing fromt he ati site when i went to try it, mines is the igp 320m, compaq evo n1015v

http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/Ev...te/20_5243.html
    i have tried it with both drivers listed there

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    lynx's Avatar .
    Have you installed the AGP drivers first?

Try this
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    i think so, ill give it another go

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    i tried 2k with the agp driver, and the system enhance disk aswell, but it didnt work. same problem, i also just put it on the same partition as xp so i fucked up xp aswell, and ive misplaced my legal xp home, so ive had to put on my xp corp.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    would it be worth trying with an external monitor?

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    lynx's Avatar .
    Can't do any harm, can it? And if it works, it gives an idea where the problem lies.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12