Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: First Overclock Baby!

Originally posted by L0rD_S0tH@10 October 2003 - 04:47

Once I get the money I'll probably get a RADEON 9600 XT, but I just can't afford $200 right now.

Now if some of ya'll wanted to donate some money to the "get Soth a good GFX card" fund, I could probably make things happen......LOL     
    I would donate to your cause, as it is legit, but I am a little short on dough myself.

I actually only paid $140 and got a Radeon 9500 non pro card with the help of Omega's catalyst set, I converted it into a 9500 pro.

I don't really spend any money on cool clothes and other bullsh*t as my main concern is a having a badass computer because I use it so much and love it. As a teen I did more dope than anybody I know so I feel comfortable being a computer nerd these days.

The reason why I like the Aquamark3 score is becuase it reflects how well your computer will perform in future games.

The Radeon 9600 XT you could still get for $160 US. Save your dough. It will be a f*cking thrill when you finally get that kind of boost. I never knew what gaming really was until I got my 9500. It is like a virtual reality...so real.

Thanks for the cool thread. B) B)

2. Software & Hardware   -   #52
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    anyone have the serial for aquamark?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #53
    Originally posted by abu_has_the_power@10 October 2003 - 06:22
    anyone have the serial for aquamark?
    You don't need it to run the benchmark.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #54
    my scores at 1024*768

GPU: 777
    CPU: 8084

sucks balls

5. Software & Hardware   -   #55
    Originally posted by L0rD_S0tH@10 October 2003 - 03:47
    hmmmmm.....in the "whats this" dialog in rivatuner it says it doesn't support the FX series of cards. Guess I'm stuck with coolbits.

Oh yeah I got the fx5200 as well.

My aquamark scores are:

GFX-957
    CPU-7757
    Total-9028.

Not the worst score but not the best either. The fx5200 isn't that good of a card but it'll work for me for the moment.

Once I get the money I'll probably get a RADEON 9600 XT, but I just can't afford $200 right now.

Now if some of ya'll wanted to donate some money to the "get Soth a good GFX card" fund, I could probably make things happen......LOL
    u overclock ur gpu rite? i'm at stock mhz. i should oc it, but can't get rivatuner to work. should i use the driver overclocking options? that's the same as using coolbits, but i can't get the low settings thing to work in rivatuner

6. Software & Hardware   -   #56
    Originally posted by abu_has_the_power@10 October 2003 - 06:47

sucks balls
    Abu, you are funny.

That is a good thing, though. I had a geforcemx 420 for a year; let me tell you--it was a good thing. When I finally did get a good card (not GREAT) it was like entering a new universe.

I guess you could say it like this--the time I spend with a lower end card made it so I could really appreciate medium-high end. You see if I always had a good card then I would never know the difference...so when you do upgrade it will be true extacy for you, my friend.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #57
    Originally posted by abu_has_the_power@10 October 2003 - 06:47
    my scores at 1024*768

GPU: 777
    CPU: 8084

sucks balls
    Show us your link

see this thread, as it shows mine and 3rd gen noobs aquamark3 score AND our system specs

8. Software & Hardware   -   #58
    L0rD_S0tH's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by abu_has_the_power@9 October 2003 - 23:49
    u overclock ur gpu rite? i'm at stock mhz. i should oc it, but can't get rivatuner to work. should i use the driver overclocking options? that's the same as using coolbits, but i can't get the low settings thing to work in rivatuner
    Yeah its OCed. I used coolbits, I wanted to use rivatuner but it appears as if it doesn't support the FX series of cards. My core clock is at 280MHz and my memory clock is at 451MHz. I can't go over 451MHz on the memory without artifacts or errors, I could go higher on the core clock but I read somewhere that going over 280MHz would be bad for the card as the core clock creates a lot of heat when you raise it. Plus I don't think it affects the card's performance nearly as much as the memory clock frequncies anyway.

BTW

Here's my aquamrk3 score site:

Soth's Aquamark3 Scores

9. Software & Hardware   -   #59
    Originally posted by L0rD_S0tH+10 October 2003 - 17:47--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (L0rD_S0tH @ 10 October 2003 - 17:47)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-abu_has_the_power@9 October 2003 - 23:49
    u overclock ur gpu rite? i&#39;m at stock mhz. i should oc it, but can&#39;t get rivatuner to work. should i use the driver overclocking options? that&#39;s the same as using coolbits, but i can&#39;t get the low settings thing to work in rivatuner
    Yeah its OCed. I used coolbits, I wanted to use rivatuner but it appears as if it doesn&#39;t support the FX series of cards. My core clock is at 280MHz and my memory clock is at 451MHz. I can&#39;t go over 451MHz on the memory without artifacts or errors, I could go higher on the core clock but I read somewhere that going over 280MHz would be bad for the card as the core clock creates a lot of heat when you raise it. Plus I don&#39;t think it affects the card&#39;s performance nearly as much as the memory clock frequncies anyway.

BTW

Here&#39;s my aquamrk3 score site:

Soth&#39;s Aquamark3 Scores [/b][/quote]
    Lord Soth, you did not post the correct page. Click the link that says "view" and copy the URL of the page with the single score sheet.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #60
    L0rD_S0tH's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by adamp2p@10 October 2003 - 12:38
    Lord Soth, you did not post the correct page. Click the link that says "view" and copy the URL of the page with the single score sheet.
    You talking about this page?

Aquamark Score

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast