Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: FST should go invite only.

I agree invite only is the way to go, then I can trade my account and get better forums!

2. Lounge   -   #22
    new_member's Avatar ∩∂√φδε BT Rep: +1
    Nice idea

3. Lounge   -   #23
    Dr-SeMSeM's Avatar Just Me :: Dr-SeMSeM BT Rep: +3
    how this happen ?

FST is the first gate to torrent system and by this method we will prevent a lot of members to join the torrent world and make it closed community ..

FST in torrent world like Hotmail ,Yahoo , GMail in mailing system . couldn't be with money

may the member donate to the site if the site administration accept in exchange with some services in highly private trackers ..

really i don`t know and cant imagine

4. Lounge   -   #24
    Rart's Avatar Hold The Line
    Quote Originally Posted by ca_aok View Post
    Did everyone miss the ironic point of the OP, or are you all simply acting stupid so you have the chance to flame him?
    Subtlety is lost online.
    Last edited by Rart; 10-11-2009 at 08:31 PM.

5. Lounge   -   #25
    Being l33t might sound cool however, power is in numbers and is against the spirit of sharing. Technically speaking leet can equate to leech also. Secondly FST is considered the gateway to the torrents site so getting it inviye only would be against the spirit of file sharing. In nature the power is in collective. Would not be hard to RIAA to kill afew thousand but millions would be impossible to kill. Having said that leechers need to be kept at bay.

6. Lounge   -   #26
    Are you kidding ?

7. Lounge   -   #27
    ..... BT Rep: +2
    Seem to be indulging yourself with spirits. What are you saying? There are ten other invite forums that will pop up next month. Will being invite only keep all the shady people out of the other invite forums and how?

Quote Originally Posted by nutcr0cker View Post
    Being l33t might sound cool however, power is in numbers and is against the spirit of sharing. Technically speaking leet can equate to leech also. Secondly FST is considered the gateway to the torrents site so getting it inviye only would be against the spirit of file sharing. In nature the power is in collective. Would not be hard to RIAA to kill afew thousand but millions would be impossible to kill. Having said that leechers need to be kept at bay.
    Last edited by pone44; 10-11-2009 at 09:17 PM.

8. Lounge   -   #28
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by Rart View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ca_aok View Post
    Did everyone miss the ironic point of the OP, or are you all simply acting stupid so you have the chance to flame him?
    Subtlety is lost online.
    Who's acting?

@beansis who suggested stricter moderation .
    If an original post suggests that more serious discussion is what the person is after then I can assure you the moderation will fall in line with that desire.
    This didn't .The lack of strict control doesn't preclude anyone from making a serious comment on this subject it only allows the thread to go any direction that the majority wish.

My serious comment on the subject is , although I understand the principle behind invite only forums ( I think ) , I've never heard of one that didn't end up being something less than intended.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 10-11-2009 at 09:37 PM.

9. Lounge   -   #29
    Quote Originally Posted by pone44 View Post
    Seem to be indulging yourself with spirits. What are you saying? There are ten other invite forums that will pop up next month. Will being invite only keep all the shady people out of the other invite forums and how?
    There is no absolute guarantee of anything. Shady as in leaches or shady as in profitting off invites is matter of perspective. I am against invite only because it become a closed content. lets say there are 10000 files in a l33t torrent site I would say atleast 60% of the content would have been gathered from elsewhere. So technically instead of 1 leech having the content you have selective leetes having the content however the idea of exclusion goes aginst the idea of sharing.

10. Lounge   -   #30
    BANNED
    Martha Stewart to all off you!!!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast