Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best IRC channel for downloading scene releases

brento's Avatar Poster
    Hey guys, as the title says, I am looking for the best IRC channel to download scene releases. If anyone knows a good one and could share it with me, I would appreciate it

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Well I like # it's pretty good. The key is 'H1d3-The-G00di3s'. You just need to figure out what network it is on. Gotta work for all the good things in life.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Rart's Avatar Hold The Line
    No ones going to openly give a person on a forum scene access =/. If it sounds too good to be true it probably is.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    brento's Avatar Poster
    well i know there are tons of warez irc channels, but none of them are fantastic. I guess my question was pretty dumb, I apologize.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Rart View Post
    No ones going to openly give a person on a forum scene access =/. If it sounds too good to be true it probably is.
    He wasn't requesting that. He wants a channel for downloading scene releases (from BOTS etc).

This is old but is still helpful: https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-gui...-network-83829

I asked the same questions before, didn't get much of an answer but "it's an old network...not worth it".

Ask around on some tracker channels, you'd be surprised by how many torrenters use IRC as a form of distribution.

I can't remember any channels I used, I'm a Usenet user now .
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music"

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    $SnoopDo2G$'s Avatar Don Doggy BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    lol what a long ass tutorial ahahah...
    i just simply use iRCAMP site to search and download stuff with opera browser.
    since it has iRC intergrated

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    To $SnoopDo2G$ thanks for iRCAMP

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Rart's Avatar Hold The Line
    My bad I just simply assumed IRC DL = scene. I would guess however that any free IRC servers wouldn't be great at speeds.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Rart View Post
    My bad I just simply assumed IRC DL = scene. I would guess however that any free IRC servers wouldn't be great at speeds.
    Scene usually use FTP's for distribution

When I had a brief run into IRC ddl, I was on a invite-free channel, downloading from the bots I could max 150k (my max speed) .

This was last year, speeds could've changed (for the better).

IRC is probably as risky as Torrents if you don't mask your IP and other details.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music"

10. File Sharing   -   #10

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast