Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jury Duty

Poster
    Just say that the person on trial is familiar to you ... he did a favour for you. Your honour will no longer be a horror.

2. Lounge   -   #12
    Poster
    I got out of jury duty once, but I wanted to serve. I think it is interresting to serve. But you could say that I did serve, since I atleast went through the screening.

The judge had the exact same last name as mine, and that disqualified me.

3. Lounge   -   #13
    lynx's Avatar .
    Just ask if you can send them to the chair.
    They don't like it if you are thinking about the sentence before the trial has started.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

4. Lounge   -   #14
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Go to the screening-thing, and wink seductively at the judge, a ll the ti me .

And please don't hesitate to tell us how it went.

5. Lounge   -   #15
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    I'll never be able to do jury service but i'd like to. A friend of mine did it and she quite enjoyed it.

6. Lounge   -   #16
    Originally posted by danb@7 October 2003 - 19:20
    I'll never be able to do jury service but i'd like to. A friend of mine did it and she quite enjoyed it.
    Have ye done time?

7. Lounge   -   #17
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by Spindulik@7 October 2003 - 17:59
    I got out of jury duty once, but I wanted to serve. I think it is interresting to serve. But you could say that I did serve, since I atleast went through the screening.

The judge had the exact same last name as mine, and that disqualified me.
    [QUOTE]

Judge Spindulik?
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

8. Lounge   -   #18
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    Originally posted by SnnY+7 October 2003 - 19:25--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SnnY @ 7 October 2003 - 19:25)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-danb@7 October 2003 - 19:20
    I&#39;ll never be able to do jury service but i&#39;d like to. A friend of mine did it and she quite enjoyed it.
    Have ye done time? [/b][/quote]
    that would be telling

9. Lounge   -   #19
    You know, I could never become a pilot, or an electrician since I have busted colour perception (a virus in my teens). Being closed off from Jury-Duty doesn&#39;t seem so bad, all things considered.

10. Lounge   -   #20
    Read this, it is a serious reply&#33;

Tell the truth.

You can call ahead and ask if there is any way out because of your financial status, first off.

If you must show up, this is how it works. You will start in a pool of 400 or so. They will start calling out groups of 50 and lead you to your courtroom. The opposing lawyers on the case will then ask each person a few questions. A judge will be present.

When you are called upon, politely explain that you are sorry to disrupt the court, but your financial concerns are currently more important than the case. If you miss any amount of work time, you may lose the roof over your head. It would be helpful to bring key financial documents to back this up and offer them to the judge if we wishes to verify your financial distress.

The judge is the key, he will decide if you are trying to skip jury duty because you are lazy or if you are truely in trouble. If he thinks you are full of crap, you will be returned to the main pool. They can do this for 3 days, I believe. If he buys your story, he will dismiss you outright. The fallacy most people have is that if you are not selected or dismiss from a case you are free, but in actuality you are sent back to the main pool and have to wait for another case.

He might wonder how someone about to lose his roof can be chatting on the internet. Judges can spot a bullshitter no problem and they have ways of making you miserable. Be honest&#33;
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast