Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jury Duty

Broken's Avatar Obama Supporter
    I went to the mail box today and found a letter from the county court today. my first thought was that it was from the riaa, and i thought "oh shit"!

To my relief it wasn't what i thought i was at first. I was however, being summon for jury duty. It's not so much that i mind to serve jury duty has much that i can't afford to serve jury duty. It takes every cent i make just to keep a roof over my head and food on the table. The 12 bucks a day that they say they'll give me just won't cut it... i'll be eating and living out of the dumpster behind mcdonald's.

Anyone have any ideas how i can get out of this honor?

:beerchug:

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Only in a Processor.
    Easy, just say you've met the person on trial in the mall, and didn't really like him.
    Only in a computer will I find happiness.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Poster
    shoot your self in the foot, that gets you out of service.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Only in a Processor.
    Originally posted by noname12@7 October 2003 - 05:55
    shoot your self in the foot, that gets you out of service.
    i think mines a little less painfull

5. Lounge   -   #5
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Casually mention during your interview that you're really excited about exercising your rights re: jury nullification.
    You'll be out of there in a heartbeat.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Only in a Processor.
    Originally posted by Broken@7 October 2003 - 05:49
    honor
    ???

I don't think it's an HONOR, but more of a HOROR. I never want to be in jury duty. It takes too much time, in my already busy day.

My Typical Day.
    Sleep
    Play Warcraft
    Eat
    Sleep

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Alucard1475's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Broken@7 October 2003 - 15:49
    I went to the mail box today and found a letter from the county court today. my first thought was that it was from the riaa, and i thought "oh shit"!

To my relief it wasn't what i thought i was at first. I was however, being summon for jury duty. It's not so much that i mind to serve jury duty has much that i can't afford to serve jury duty. It takes every cent i make just to keep a roof over my head and food on the table. The 12 bucks a day that they say they'll give me just won't cut it... i'll be eating and living out of the dumpster behind mcdonald's.

Anyone have any ideas how i can get out of this honor?

:beerchug:
    And you still manage to have internet??

8. Lounge   -   #8
    FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster
    I got out of Jury Duty when I was 19.I know it might be wrong and everybody should do it.But I did not.

What do you do?Easy.You have your Mother, Father or any close relative send the Court a Note saying you are Mentally Incapable of serving.

Yes it is a cheesy way out.....but it works.You will never hear from them again.

Now do not get me wrong.If it was a high Profile case I would of took it.But it was not.

FC B)

9. Lounge   -   #9
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    FC, your parents were doing the system a service. In your case, it's the truth.

It really depends on what kind of case it is. Some are easier to get out of than others.

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Broken, as your doctor I have to inform you that after careful pshyciatric diagnosis we found the followings:

You suffer from panic disorder with or without agoraphobia. The essential feature of panic disorder is the unexpected panic attack, a sudden onset of intense apprehension, fear, or terror, i.e. Jury Duty. Panic disorder is an illness characterised by recurrent panic attacks such as jury duty, drop of the dog at the pet store, finding boogers in your nose. Later in the course off this disturbance, certain issues, e.g. driving a car or being in a crowded place, may become associated with having a panic attack. These panic attacks are not triggered by situations in which you are the focus of others' attention (as in social phobia).

Therefore, I relieve you from any Jury Duty, dropping off the dog at the pet store and picking your nose. You also suffer from Depression, but we won't go into that one, for now. I have included a diagram of what you should do in the meantime. Please drop by my office to pick up the slip and the results. Monica Lewinsky is my new assistant, feel free to contact her for further assistance.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast