Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Gamecube Thread

Hi, this is the start of a Gamecube thread. If you have got a new GC game and want to say how good(or bad) you think it is, or just talk about the new releases or post anything to do with Gamecube, do it here. Thanks

2. Games   -   #2
    Nintendo has projected a net loss for the first time in its publicly-owned history. Earlier today, Nintendo regrettably informed its investors that instead of the 15 billion yen profit predicted earlier for the fiscal half-year, the company expects to suffer a loss of 3.0 billion yen (around $27 million). Nintendo is currently 7 million yen into the red.

Nintendo blames much of the losses on the unexpected appreciation of the Japanese yen, citing roughly 40 billion yen in foreign exchange losses for the time span. Nintendo also disclosed it had originally planned to reduce the GameCube’s price earlier in the year, and expects the new price to vastly improve sales during the holiday season.

Despite the disappointing news, Nintendo remains confident in its business strategy and estimates a 60 billion yen profit for its full fiscal year ending in March—only five billion yen short of its previous goal.

Also, understand that this "confidence" is probably just to keep the stockholders/potential investors from panicking.

3. Games   -   #3
    DarthInsinuate's Avatar Died in battle
    i might get me a Gamecube after Christmas if i get a job - it's only £80 now and Super Mario Sunshine and Metroid Prime are only £20 each (from Friday)
    The Sexay Half Of ABBA And Max: Freelance Plants

4. Games   -   #4
    Poster
    I really wnat a gamecube but buying a cube means buying a lot of games and that makes it an expensive system..

Mario Sunshine
    Metroid
    Zelda
    Smash bros.
    Mario Kart

5. Games   -   #5
    hey_suburbia's Avatar Poster
    ebay....., you can get the system and like 15 games for 200$

Plus if you're into the GBA and you get a gameboy player (that hook's up with the Gamecube) it's totally worth it, especially with the ability to use flash cards in the player.

6. Games   -   #6
    Poster
    Originally posted by hey_suburbia@7 October 2003 - 15:15
    ebay....., you can get the system and like 15 games for 200$

Plus if you're into the GBA and you get a gameboy player (that hook's up with the Gamecube) it's totally worth it, especially with the ability to use flash cards in the player.
    Are they used?

7. Games   -   #7
    ahctlucabbuS's Avatar <
    Originally posted by tHe LiNk@7 October 2003 - 09:35
    Nintendo has projected a net loss for the first time in its publicly-owned history. Earlier today, Nintendo regrettably informed its investors that instead of the 15 billion yen profit predicted earlier for the fiscal half-year, the company expects to suffer a loss of 3.0 billion yen (around &#036;27 million). Nintendo is currently 7 million yen into the red.

Nintendo blames much of the losses on the unexpected appreciation of the Japanese yen, citing roughly 40 billion yen in foreign exchange losses for the time span. Nintendo also disclosed it had originally planned to reduce the GameCube’s price earlier in the year, and expects the new price to vastly improve sales during the holiday season.

Despite the disappointing news, Nintendo remains confident in its business strategy and estimates a 60 billion yen profit for its full fiscal year ending in March—only five billion yen short of its previous goal.

Also, understand that this "confidence" is probably just to keep the stockholders/potential investors from panicking.
    lol, pokemon is sucked dry?

8. Games   -   #8
    Oh yeah, the new Mario Kart game will be coming out soon, who think that looks good? I also like the look of Viewtiful Joe

9. Games   -   #9
    asmithz's Avatar Hi-Definition
    I have a GC, the graphics are good, but i will stick my PS2.

10. Games   -   #10
    ahctlucabbuS's Avatar <
    I´m considering buying a GC mainly because of the new Mario Cart game and the new F zero game. Allthough those two games looks damn sweet I´ll probably spend my money on an x box if I decide to buy a console mainly because of "Knight of the old republic" and "fable".

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast