Thread: Program To Make .gifs

Poster
    what programs can i use to make my own .gifs?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Forum Star
    'ulead gif animator', 'animation shop' that comes with paint shop pro, and 'image ready' that comes with photoshop.

all are good but image ready is a bit more complicated if your not familiar with photoshop

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    Originally posted by pol@7 October 2003 - 03:30
    'ulead gif animator', 'animation shop' that comes with paint shop pro, and 'image ready' that comes with photoshop.

all are good but image ready is a bit more complicated if your not familiar with photoshop
    pol, did you make your avatar yourself? if you did what program did you use? its really good.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Forum Star
    what program did you use?

i used photoshop and drew each frame (just moving each layer a frame at a time, or copying the 'O' layer and moving them around)
    then i saved each frame (by switching the layers on and off) in the same folder as .jpg's and opened image ready, then goto 'file' menu and 'import folder as frames'

this gives you the basic animation and you can add more filters and effects. then 'save as' a .gif

i finished it off with ulead gif animator 5 (frame times, resizing etc)

theres loads of ways to do this kind of thing. get yourself the proggies and have a look at the 'help' or 'tutorials' (in the main toolbar, last on the right - 'help&#39 and just have a mess about, its the best way to learn

cheers