Thread: Permanent "more Sources Required" Responses

What's up with that?

When I do a search I get mixed results depending on the item I am looking for but lately, and especially with the latest version of K-Lite (2.43) I am getting "More Sources Required" responses right away even though the file name just appeared in the Search window.

Does anyone have any inkling what this is caused by?
    Is this a result of people sharing less and less?

Caith

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    yeh this is a problem, the find more sources button doesent seem to work, you can do a search and find the same file with tons of sources and downloaded it again but u loose all that you have downloaded with the other 1, what klite really needs is a "Add source to download" option when you right click search results.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    The file probably isn't popular or isn't spreaded out yet, even if it does show up in search if it tries to connect to that one user that came up in the search and it can't connect then u need more sources. But while u are searching tick "auto search more" box and search for what u what and wait till u get a small plus on the side of the file then download it and that should help (Make sure u stop the search after it starts downloading)

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Thank you for your answers.

I always have auto search on anyway and I know about the plus symbol, but you are right, the files I was looking for were not those typical files the masses go for (like Britney Spears for example). I am just puzzled that the "more sources needed" message shows up right after it was found. How is it that the search function finds such items if the source is not available?

Caith

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Originally posted by Caithleann@7 October 2003 - 20:09
    I am just puzzled that the "more sources needed" message shows up right after it was found. How is it that the search function finds such items if the source is not available?

Caith
    Like Gre1 said:
    even if it does show up in search if it tries to connect to that one user that came up in the search and it can't connect then u need more sources.
    For example, your computer may not be able to connect to the other person's if they have a firewall.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Thank you

if they have a firewall
    THAT is a good explanation. Telling me I need to find more sources is NOT a good explanation as the KaZaA interface did that already.

So, I will thank YOU and anyone else that responds with some concrete examples of the how's and why's, not the obvious stuff

Caith

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Originally posted by Caithleann@7 October 2003 - 22:21
    Thank you

if they have a firewall
    THAT is a good explanation. Telling me I need to find more sources is NOT a good explanation as the KaZaA interface did that already.

So, I will thank YOU and anyone else that responds with some concrete examples of the how's and why's, not the obvious stuff

Caith
    You're welcome.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    that happen to me
    on"search" for a song it found more than 10 sources, but when I download it only downloads from 1 or 2, or even none!! why?

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Yes this is common for me too. Possibly becuase the other people are not sharing. Or the few people who are cant UL anymore because they are maxed out.