Quote Originally Posted by tesco View Post
Quote Originally Posted by lynx View Post
Despite what is said by those who "know", it is becoming increasingly obvious that account upgrades do not take place until the first qualifying post is made after the probationary period. That's often in a thread like this one.

I believe it is done so that no action is performed on dormant accounts.
Nahh, it's not like that. Here are the requirements:

• 30 days since joined
  • Minimum 2 posts

It then takes maximum 1 hour after the last of these requirements have been met in order to promote their usergroup.

The User Promotion 'Scheduled Task' runs at xx:25 hourly.
That means 1:25, 2:25, 3:25, ..., 13:25, 14:25, ... etc.

-----

Look at this user for example: yipie
It is an extreme case.
He had been here for min 30 days and made his second post at 4:33pm.
He then posted at 5:24pm saying that his PM didn't work (usergroup not promoted yet).
At 5:25pm the scheduled task ran.
At 5:54pm (I see this from his post stating "I PM'd you") he realized that he had PM access.

edit: I just set it to run twice per hour. xx:25 and xx:55.

edit2: Shit sorry Lynx you were right (sort of).
I just noticed this: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1464881
Basically it only promoted users who have been active on the forum since the last time the promotion task ran. This is just stupid and I can fix it when I get a chance.
I think it's like that so that it doesn't have to check the whole database, only the accounts of those who have posted. If you could change it to look at those who have had any activity it would still avoid checking the whole database. You might need to watch out that it doesn't "promote" people who are banned.

On the other hand, it raises the question whether people who can't be bothered to make regular posts are deserving of being promoted in the first place.