Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FST Irc Channel

kooltilldend's Avatar One n Only BT Rep: +2
    well i'm pretty sure there are sites bigger than FTN (in terms of userbase) who have irc...so i doubt that's the reason (if it is, then that's just silly)

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    ..... BT Rep: +2
    Who mentioned any tracker? Bigger than the site you mention? I am sure there are a lot of trackers with a lot more members! I still do not get your point?

Quote Originally Posted by kooltilldend View Post
    well i'm pretty sure there are sites bigger than FTN (in terms of userbase) who have irc...so i doubt that's the reason (if it is, then that's just silly)

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    kooltilldend's Avatar One n Only BT Rep: +2
    well what i meant (based upon what I understood from your earlier post) is that if the reason why FTN don't have an irc is because it would be very tough to moderate then that's not really that big of a reason since other trackers manage irc (with bigger userbases) just fine

hope that makes more sense

cheers!

edit: oh nevermind...i think i get what you mean now

you probably mean there would be so many "external" users going to the irc looking for invites that it would be tough to handle for the staff

in that case, can't they just make the irc only for the existing members or something?

mind you, i'm not on FTN nor ever been on it so I don't really know much about the site but i'm just guessing this
    Last edited by kooltilldend; 10-15-2009 at 11:05 PM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    ..... BT Rep: +2
    It would be a mess full of people with different nicks using proxies to insult each other, others to trade. It would be a headache and a half!

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    KushBlow's Avatar Zen BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Quote Originally Posted by kooltilldend View Post
    well what i meant (based upon what I understood from your earlier post) is that if the reason why FTN don't have an irc is because it would be very tough to moderate then that's not really that big of a reason since other trackers manage irc (with bigger userbases) just fine

hope that makes more sense

cheers!

edit: oh nevermind...i think i get what you mean now

you probably mean there would be so many "external" users going to the irc looking for invites that it would be tough to handle for the staff

in that case, can't they just make the irc only for the existing members or something?

mind you, i'm not on FTN nor ever been on it so I don't really know much about the site but i'm just guessing this

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    Rart's Avatar Hold The Line
    I'd say more of your posts have images than not . How do you do it? Do you have a stash of nice images or literally google what you want to say? Teach me

And for those of you who never quite seem to gravitate out of the BT section, I had posted a thread about it a while back in the Related to the Board forum section. Here was tescos response, it would seem that it doesn't get used enough, although it has been tried before in the past:

We had it before but nobody used it. We tried it again and nobody used it.
    People always request it but nobody ever uses it so there's no point.

And we did the shoutbox thing as well but that was also useless.
    https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-eve...tboxirc-367827

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    gamesover's Avatar Panda BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    a great comparison would be if 4chan had an irc channel. it would be a total madhouse

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    KushBlow's Avatar Zen BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Quote Originally Posted by Rart View Post
    I'd say more of your posts have images than not . How do you do it? Do you have a stash of nice images or literally google what you want to say? Teach me
    It's the latter. And I usually whip them out for my self-indulgent humor.

Quote Originally Posted by gamesover View Post
    a great comparison would be if 4chan had an irc channel. it would be a total madhouse
    Yeah... except 4chan has millions of members posting daily.
    Last edited by KushBlow; 10-16-2009 at 02:44 AM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    Rart's Avatar Hold The Line
    However, tesco had said that the reason fst doesn't have an IRC was a lack of usage, rather than too much.

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    sheriff 01's Avatar Safety First! BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    I think it would be a good idea to implement the IRC once more. I wonder if tesco would agree? Lets give it one more chance tesco. You da man!!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast