Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Copyright Infringement letter to Seedbox Host

Quote Originally Posted by TrollinThunder View Post
    Since you're here, would you mind sharing how many notices you receive each month on average? How many from reputable private trackers?
    Not many (depends on how you look at this though), and also what you consider to be a reputable tracker. This week we got 4 (and yes we forwarded them to each user, we consider this to be something to be aware of), 2 from one tracker and another 2 for a different tracker. 3 were about TV shows in case you were wondering.

While we are at it and since some people seem to be worried that we forwarded the notice (I'm missing their rationale though) let me tell you that our seedboxes include HTTPS/FTPS traffic, VPN and a proxy, or data between our users and their seedboxes is ALWAYS encrypted (unless they choose not to use encryption, that is), and that they can surf keeping their IP address hidden at all times - and this is not only for visiting trackers, it works with everything else.

Finally, DMCA does not apply in our territory (or most of our servers locations), but we still read, store, and forward every complaint from every agency. Not doing anything is like ignoring a traffic ticket.

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    sez's Avatar c0V3r3Ð iN Ba57ArÐ BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23
    This is kinda crazy,never thought they'd forward notices for tv show caps.
    Am more than certain the tracker is TL though.

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    Rart's Avatar Hold The Line
    Quote Originally Posted by TrollinThunder View Post
    If they don't forward the infringement notice or take other action, they won't qualify for the safe harbor provisions and could be liable for contributory infringement.

I'm very curious about which tracker too...
    Exactly. It would be worse if they didn't notify him.

And as to the OP, you should know that IP blocking software are completely placebo effect and useless. To download, you need to connect to other peers, which means they need your IP. And it can always be traced back to you. If you really want to be safe, don't use BT.

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    BANNED
    This is the end!!!!!!! omg!!!!

what is the tracker op ?

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    xxk2xx's Avatar Member
    It was the TL tracker and sorry to Xirvik if I offended them in any way..
    Xirvik is a great company they are good enough to tell you what's going on with your torrents and help stop and delete them to stop the copyright infringement..I would recommend Xirvik to anyone.They have Great support and respond to any and all questions as soon as..(At least they make aware)

The root of this whole problem is Anti p2p companies that sneak there way onto trackers and log IP's..Damm them..

Also the whole reason I posted this on a public site is to inform everyone that yes you will and can still get those scary letters even from a from a seedbox provider. (xirvflux)I don't think it was a stupid idea at all and just to make a mental note of it and not tell people would be wrong..
    Last edited by xxk2xx; 10-17-2009 at 03:47 AM.

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    the copyright letters are becoming more and more through TL - though I know its swim at your own risk, but the risks seem greater lately on TL

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    ..... BT Rep: +2
    Have never seen a thread like this. Also not disrespecting Xirvflux, they are not the ones making the choice to download the files. Just to provide a service but I never read a thread with a member getting a letter from using a seedbox.? How often does this happen with other companies,sites?
    Last edited by pone44; 10-17-2009 at 07:59 PM.

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    Quote Originally Posted by pone44 View Post
    Just to provide a service but I never read a thread with a member getting a letter from using a seedbox.? How often does this happen with other companies,sites?
    We didn't send any thread. We forwarded a notification, that's all. Big difference.

Our user can do whatever he believes to be convenient, it's his seedbox.

9. File Sharing   -   #19
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by xirvflux View Post
    Well, if you post the notifications you receive in a public forum you shouldn't feel sure. So much for letting the problem go quietly or even denying you never got it.

Really, I can't believe you published this instead of just making a mental note of the tracker.

Sigh...

Quote Originally Posted by anonymous101 View Post
    I have never heard of a seedbox provider forwarding a infringement letter on before
    We do as well as all other providers in their sane mind - not letting an user known that he's being monitored is stupid at best.

Quote Originally Posted by rey View Post
    +1 and its also has put bad publicity on his company. I mean every company do this, but never do they send infringement letter.
    This is not true but even if it was, if you prefer to be with a company that won't forward you ANY NOTICE regarding your activity then Xirvik is definitely not the right place to be.

We get a notice of any kind (including trackers) we let the user know immediately so he can make his own decisions.
    name me 5 other companies who do this and i will never post here again. and u didnt want him to post here as it has caused embarassment for u

10. File Sharing   -   #20
    I must say I have been around a short while but have used a couple of different seedbox providers and have never heard of come across this

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast