Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: In fond memory of

HMthePM's Avatar woweee BT Rep: +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17
    Hey I am not disagreeing with the op, sure it was the best music site ever, including what and waffle put together. Even the best tracker demonoid was closed for few months due mpaa and riaa. Many other good trackers were also closed. Bad things for p2p.
    But it happened a long time ago. We got new trackers so we dont have any problems. Worst thing happened to the administrator. He has the sympathy of the whole p2p world. We should feel sorry for him rather than for his tracker.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Poster BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    the moment i saw 'OiNK' i knew skiz would say

Quote Originally Posted by Skiz View Post
    I say good riddance.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    It was just a site, a torrent site.
    And it's demise helped create 2 much better ones. It served its purpose.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Poster BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by HMthePM View Post
    I feel sorry for the guys nabbed though. Any idea what happened to him finally?
    They just keep putting it off because they have nothing.

"The conspiracy to defraud case against Alan Ellis has been adjourned until 25 September 2009 at Teesside Crown Court. The trial is currently set to commence on 4 January 2010."

from http://oink.me.uk/

It was a great tracker, only had the chance to be there a few months before it went down. what/waffles has filled the void nicely though.
    DO NOT PM me 4 invites thanks

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    xJohnxSmithx's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabalo View Post
    No it was not just a torrent site and your attitude sucks towards one of the sites that has brought us to where we are today. It was all we had in the day. Nothing compared to it. Maybe you and skiz had issues with oink but thats no way to show your appreciation for the peeps that are still fighting for their lives.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Oink wasn't too bad. But it's time to move forward.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Quote Originally Posted by xJohnxSmithx View Post
    No it was not just a torrent site and your attitude sucks towards one of the sites that has brought us to where we are today. It was all we had in the day. Nothing compared to it. Maybe you and skiz had issues with oink but thats no way to show your appreciation for the peeps that are still fighting for their lives.
    Iwasn't ever a member there, so I couldn't care less. And the sites which brought us where we are now are actually places like suprnova, elitetorrents and such, which you obviously know little about.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    BANNED

Iwasn't ever a member there, so I couldn't care less. And the sites which brought us where we are now are actually places like suprnova, elitetorrents and such, which you obviously know little about.

....Iwasn't ever a member there, so, you obviously know little about also.

granda lol :p

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    xJohnxSmithx's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8

Very mature Mr.Cabalo. What I know is not your concern, your wealth of knowledge is obviously more than i can comprehend.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    Albo Da Kid's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    No it was not just a torrent site and your attitude sucks towards one of the sites that has brought us to where we are today. It was all we had in the day. Nothing compared to it.
    Brought us where? To what and whaffles you mean? I'm sure that even if there was never an oink, gradually a music tracker would have popped up over time.

And what brought us(the people) here the most were trading forums like TorrentFreak and the WTAW thread. If it wasn't for "getting the best of the best", we would have been satisfied with TL, and most of us wouldn't be in this forum right now discussing BT.

Ofcourse we learned not to care about the WTAW thread and trading as time passed by, but those were the reasons why at least 80% of us became hardcore torrenters.

And don't give me that bullshit "i started torrenting for the love of sharing" excuse
    Last edited by Albo Da Kid; 10-16-2009 at 10:37 PM.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast