Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Narnia

Filming the Cronicals of Narnia...WOW, now THAT would be an effort. I hope the production qualities are as good as the LOTR films.

And on C.S. Lewis, he was at Oxford with Tolkien and they were both members of a group called The Inklings (haha, writers - ink, get it?). I can't remember who else was in the group, but there were about 12 of them who turned up to read their stories and poems aloud. They influenced each other's work a lot, and both Lewis and Tolkien wished that England had the kind of rich folklore and myths that other countries, like Norway or Germany did (which is why many of the 12 languages that Tolkien created are based on Scandanavian).
    Narnia (the begining of the saga) and The Hobbit came out around the same time, and Narnia was actually more successful, but as the audience grew up wanting more fantasy type books, Tolkien ended up writing to a mch older audience about more serious subjects (The Hobbit is an adventure into far off lands, whereas The Lord of the Rings is really about the eternal struggle between good and evil - not the sort of thing you could really give to a little kid). So because there are more adults than children in the world, LOTR sold better.

Thats my little rant...

OH! Who else thinks that a film version of The Hobbit in the same series as the LOTR films would be cool? I know the've finnished filming LOTR but it would be a mad prequal.

2. Movies & TV   -   #12
    Originally posted by Justsomeguy@8 October 2003 - 06:46
    First book was called The lion, the witch and the wardrobe.

Edit: Typo
    What a classic book it was too.

Harsan the lion

3. Movies & TV   -   #13

4. Movies & TV   -   #14
    Poster
    sounds nice, might consider downloadin it

proud to be american

5. Movies & TV   -   #15
    I loved the tv show. I had all the episodes on video, then my dad taped over of the silver chair episodes I can't wait for the movie!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12