Thread: Yenc

Poster BT Rep: +2
    im trying to upload something on win7 32bit and Yenc crashing which program you recommend for posting ?

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    SonsOfLiberty's Avatar The Lonely Wanderer
    I've been using Yenc on 32bit Windows 7 for months now and posting and not a single crash...try running it in Compatiabitly mode to Vista or XP.

You can try this program too.
    http://www.binaries4all.com/yencbin/
    [center]

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    Are you picky about what servers you use for posting? I was thinking about using an account in Europe, since I'm not sure if using Astraweb would be the best choice for posting.

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    Why, would Astra not be good? Teevee uploads through there and so do alot of others....go buy a block account from somewhere (block accounts never expire) and just use that for uploading (no downloading).
    [center]

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    Poster BT Rep: +2
    im gonna poston astraweb eu server..

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by SonsOfLiberty View Post
    Why, would Astra not be good? Teevee uploads through there and so do alot of others....go buy a block account from somewhere (block accounts never expire) and just use that for uploading (no downloading).
    I was a worried about DCMA issues.

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    You must mean Giganews, Astraweb rarely removes articles though.
    [center]

8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    Oh I know to avoid giganews, but I'd hate for my acct to get suspended. But thanks for the block acct tip. I'm looking around for cheap ones right now.

I was thinking about getting a 2.75 USD acct at Blocknews (usenetnow reseller).

9. Newsgroups   -   #9
    ericab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    An Excerpt from: A Declaration of the Independence of Cyberspace
    by John Perry Barlow
    Governments of the Industrial World, you weary giants of flesh and steel, I come from Cyberspace, the new home of Mind. On behalf of the future, I ask you of the past to leave us alone. You are not welcome among us. You have no sovereignty where we gather [...] I declare the global social space we are building to be naturally independent of the tyrannies you seek to impose on us.
    Read more here