http://www.pcclub.com/product_detail...temno=A1546967
    looks like it plays everthing
    Features:

DVD, VCD, SVCD, MPEG-4 (DivX and XviD)

Digital Photo Album Viewer

CD/MP3 Playback

480p Progressive Scan Video Output

NTSC/PAL TV System Compatibility
    Anyone tried this player out yet? I'm a bit skeptical about these players claiming to play this ths and that. Great deal though, but i couldnt get a quote for international shipping, so for all in Europe/UK go HERE

2. Movies & TV   -   #12
    jetje's Avatar former star
    yes Kiss is oke... stop wasting time on making SVCD's the dl are way bigger and the quality is much worse then avi...
    So why waste time on SVCD!!!

buy a dvd player that plays divx like the Kiss DVD-DivX Players! Or the cyberhome CH-DVD 515- DIVX-Progressive Scan DVD Player.
    Or the Philips 737, a new DVD player with DivX support There are more now. Lite-o has one and all will follow!

DivX will be a standard feature on all new dvd players..!!!

3. Movies & TV   -   #13
    vivitron 15's Avatar Poster
    a list of all the compatable divX DVD players here:
    http://www.dvdrhelp.com/dvdplayers.php?DVD...1&Search=Search

If you're getting one, research well...some only play DivX4, 5 and not 3.

some offer firmware updates frequently, some don't...you want something that allows you to keep updating, once DivX6, 7, 8.... come out

definitely get one, but don't jump in feet first
    <insert signature here>

4. Movies & TV   -   #14
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    I have a Panasonic RV-32 and it plays everything except divx (to my knowledge) and it has went down to about &#036;99 dollars now it&#39;s good.

5. Movies & TV   -   #15
    Poster
    I am in the UK and just got the Yamada 6100 from Amazon read the comments about it.Yes it will play anything but the picture is in the middle not expanded to all the screen and no bigger than my 23" monitors ,this is on a 32" widescreen Pana&#39;
    i wish the guy had wrote the comment before I bought this Dvd player so its back to the laptop to TV for me full screen then.
    Does the Kiss fill the screen or any of the others ?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B...9641477-7437244

6. Movies & TV   -   #16
    Originally posted by cwctv@8 October 2003 - 17:38
    I am in the UK and just got the Yamada 6100 from Amazon read the comments about it.Yes it will play anything but the picture is in the middle not expanded to all the screen and no bigger than my 23" monitors ,this is on a 32" widescreen Pana&#39;
    i wish the guy had wrote the comment before I bought this Dvd player so its back to the laptop to TV for me full screen then.

thnx 4 the feedback mate...i&#39;ll mark it off.

7. Movies & TV   -   #17
    Originally posted by cwctv@8 October 2003 - 09:38

uh... did you set it to display at 16:9 rather than 4:3?

also, i&#39;ve got the LiteOn. it works well. it&#39;s basically the same thing as the KISS player, though the support for burned discs might be a bit better because it uses a modified LiteOn PC dvd-rom drive. divx 5 and xvid are awesome on the KISS and LiteOn models, but divx 3 isn&#39;t too good.

personally i&#39;m not even sure why anyone still insists on using divx 3. compared to newer codecs or SVCD... it just... sucks.

8. Movies & TV   -   #18
    Originally posted by 3RA1N1AC+8 October 2003 - 21:49--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (3RA1N1AC @ 8 October 2003 - 21:49)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-cwctv@8 October 2003 - 09:38
    I am in the UK and just got the Yamada 6100 from Amazon read the comments about it.Yes it will play anything but the picture is in the middle not expanded to all the screen and no bigger than my 23" monitors&nbsp; ,this is on a 32" widescreen Pana&#39;
    i wish the guy had wrote the comment before I bought this Dvd player so its back to the laptop to TV for me full screen then.&nbsp;

uh... did you set it to display at 16:9 rather than 4:3?

also, i&#39;ve got the LiteOn. it works well. it&#39;s basically the same thing as the KISS player, though the support for burned discs might be a bit better because it uses a modified LiteOn PC dvd-rom drive. divx 5 and xvid are awesome on the KISS and LiteOn models, but divx 3 isn&#39;t too good.

personally i&#39;m not even sure why anyone still insists on using divx 3. compared to newer codecs or SVCD... it just... sucks. [/b][/quote]
    Lite-on looks a good deal then, kiss players are about £50 dearer here in the uk. Is the Lit-on player going to except future DivX codecs ?
    If so i want 5, one for me and the other 4 are for family and mates.
    Do they play the movies from disc in Data format? Or do they have to be burned diffrently?

9. Movies & TV   -   #19
    it should continue to support divx codecs until divx decide to make some change that deviates wildly from the mpeg-4 standard. but as long as divx sticks to the mpeg-4 spec, the player should be able to play &#39;em.

as far as burning discs that are compatible with the player, you can burn CDs as ISO-format data discs or VCD/SVCD. and you can burn DVDs as ISO or UDF data, or as DVD-Video. it doesn&#39;t require any unusual burning method.

the divx/xvid/mpeg video-compatibility is pretty high on the player, but prolly 5%-10% of files distributed on the net have incompatible audio-- either because they&#39;re using non-mp2/mp3/ac3 audio, or unusual bitrates. but you can usually use an AVI editor like virtualdub to re-encode the audio to 128kbps mp3 (it takes approx 5-10 minutes on a modern PC) and that almost always fixes the problem.

10. Movies & TV   -   #20
    twisterX's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by timfromspaced@7 October 2003 - 21:43
    My sister wishes to buy a DVD player. What does she need to be able to play downloaded movies/TV episodes on it ?

Cheers big ears &#33; B)
    mpeg support

most of them have it

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast