Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What ftp download speed

Hello, i have seedbox from OVH ahd have some speed problems when I download files from my seedbox. I have 5 Mbit connection to my ISP. Sometimes I downloaded with 5 Mbit, and sometimes my speed go down to 10-20Kb/s. Someone have this type of problems? How I can test where problems, with OVH or with my ISP?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    What, are you using for an ftp client?

I use cuteftp and can max out my speeds.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    I am use lftp and Filezilla, with both got same results.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    canopus's Avatar Poster
    reinstalling,support OVH,you can give back server to 7 days,and OVH must refund your money

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Poster
    Do you buy direct from OVH, or via a reseller? If its the latter OVH won't refund you as the connection to your country is not guaranteed, therefore you have no right to demand this.

If you do buy direct however, you should run multiple tests (at different hourly intervals) using multithreaded connections, so you don't just test during peak usage.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    I buy from xirvik. I think I have problems from my country.How I can test where problems? ISP did't help if server stand out side from country.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Poster
    Can you post the results of a traceroute from your home PC to the server?

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    canopus's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by DedicatedPros View Post
    Do you buy direct from OVH, or via a reseller? If its the latter OVH won't refund you as the connection to your country is not guaranteed, therefore you have no right to demand this.

If you do buy direct however, you should run multiple tests (at different hourly intervals) using multithreaded connections, so you don't just test during peak usage.
    he using filezilla,i hope,that he know,that FZ knows multi transfers

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    sez's Avatar c0V3r3Ð iN Ba57ArÐ BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23
    pm me the ftp details to one of the files(200mb max),i'll test for you whether its your box or your isp through rapidshare.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by canopus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DedicatedPros View Post

he using filezilla,i hope,that he know,that FZ knows multi transfers
    Yes, FileZilla does have multithreading capability, however he could have disabled this, or the server admin could have limited his simultaneous connection number. Its important to cover your basis as many times, people forget the simplest of things, focusing on the more unconventional issues.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast