Thread: Riaa Recording Ip Addresses?

I have been told by a member of another forum that the RIAA are recording IP addresses ready to take legal action and that these are being passed on to respective countries. Not being a super computer genius, I am intrigued... Are we all in grave danger? Should we be saving everything to CD and turning off our machines every time we leave the room?! What`s happening people? Let`s get a guide to staying secure up here once and for all. Whether it`s a matter of simply blocking file browsing on Kazaa or if we all need to install all manner of wonderful firewalls, lets hear it!

Thanks technical bods!

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    BANNED
    Originally posted by Spendog@7 October 2003 - 18:51
    I have been told by a member of another forum that the RIAA are recording IP addresses ready to take legal action and that these are being passed on to respective countries. Not being a super computer genius, I am intrigued... Are we all in grave danger? Should we be saving everything to CD and turning off our machines every time we leave the room?! What`s happening people? Let`s get a guide to staying secure up here once and for all. Whether it`s a matter of simply blocking file browsing on Kazaa or if we all need to install all manner of wonderful firewalls, lets hear it!

Thanks technical bods!
    go here and read the pinned topics

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    OK, read the posts - now guess who feels like a stupid noob?!

:">

One more question though... if I do decide to use proxy servers, where can I find up to date ones?

Thanks again

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Originally posted by Spendog@8 October 2003 - 00:16
    OK, read the posts - now guess who feels like a stupid noob?!
    you?

edit:

re-edit: http://www.klboard.ath.cx/index.php?showtopic=61101
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Yeah, I feel pretty stupid now&#33;

:"> :"> :">

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Poster
    rightly so&#33;
    PLEASE help me get my Free IPOD! my brother got his 4 days ago and i need help with referrals. the screensavers just aired a story and it works. Just use my referral link and i suggest the 2 week blockbuster trial. you won't owe anything! http://www.freeiPods.com/default.aspx?referer=10154369

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    It&#39;s ok don&#39;t feel stupid just feel dumb....Just playing

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Are we all in grave danger?
    Yes we are all in grave danger of the impending doom &#33;&#33;&#33;

We all better switch our computers off now and hide under our beds&#33;&#33;&#33;

Sorry, it just makes me laugh when people talk as if there is some great danger &#33;&#33; LOL

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    Like it&#39;s armegadon (fuck spelling :lol) or something.