Thread: Contunie Searching For More Sources In The

Guess most of you use the search window just to find a file, and then add it to the download window and stop searching. But I found out that in order to download the file faster (or in other words to get more sources in a shorter amount of time) it's better to:

1) search for a file until kazaa shows at least 100 sources in the search window BEFORE adding it to the download list

2) continue searching for this file even AFTER you added the file, search the entire time until the download is finished.

Here are my experiences: I found a file and added it immediately to the download window. looked up the file in the kdat programme and it shows that the file had 18 sources. Although I am using several download accelerators which execute the "search for more sources" command every couple of seconds, the number of sources stayed the same - after 5 hours! sometimes it even goes down! but after I started searching for this file in the search window of kazaa, the number of sources started to climb.

I tried with many different files, audio and video, specifically those that have very few sources and it always helped to boost the downloads.

I don't know what the reason for this is - maybe kazaa continues passing the sources from the search window to the download window even after a file download started. Or maybe the incease of sources is due to the fact that because of aggressive searches most supernodes kick you, which means you "come around" more, jumping or rather being jumped from supernode to supernode, which results in kazaa's finding more sources.

Of course, you have to be aware that this has a very negative impact on the network, but I have faith in the stability of the fasttrack network and don't think it will kill it.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    this tip have worked for u, yet it does not work all times and/or for most people. If u look in my sig and the forum ul find discussions about it. Leaving ur search on for so long could cause more harm than good.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    BANNED
    yup not a good idea to leave your auto search on for more than 2 minutes boss and it wont work every time either

4. File Sharing   -   #4

Leaving ur search on for so long could cause more harm than good.
    yes, sometimes it causes some harm, if one searches too long, the current supernode might kick you, which might result in the loss of the current uploaders. I noticed that often the people who upload to me disappear just at the moment when kazaa changes supernode (the last two buttons grey out, which is a sign that supernode is currently changing, that's how I notice that kazaa is jumping)

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    BANNED
    well if you keep it on one of the things you will start noticing is that it will start eating up your system resources

6. File Sharing   -   #6

well if you keep it on one of the things you will start noticing is that it will start eating up your system resources
    actually kazaa only eats system resources when specific filters are activated. If I simply search for videos, everything works fine, but if I search for audio and set a bitrate filter ("at least 320 kb") then the performance goes down. don't know why, maybe checking the bitrate is a cpu-intensive process?