Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: After Putting A >700mb Avi File Onto A Cd

most of our divx movies are appx 710-718mb, which requires to be finalized to be burned onto a 700mb cd, but what i often come across is that the life of these cds wont last long, because the more i viewed these overburned movies, the more error messages i will get, sometimes 3 - 4 error messages will pop up when viewing 1 cd of 1x700mb + file.

do you guys have the same problem? or is it just me? is there anything i can do about it?

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    Broken's Avatar Obama Supporter
    i've never had a problem...
    maybe the software you're burning with, i like and use easy cd creator.

or it might be cheap cd's

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Originally posted by zhelynd@8 October 2003 - 03:15
    most of our divx movies are appx 710-718mb, which requires to be finalized to be burned onto a 700mb cd, but what i often come across is that the life of these cds wont last long, because the more i viewed these overburned movies, the more error messages i will get, sometimes 3 - 4 error messages will pop up when viewing 1 cd of 1x700mb + file.

do you guys have the same problem? or is it just me? is there anything i can do about it?
    My guess would be as good as the last - the quality of CDs you are using. The point of digital is that it lasts "forever".

That is unless you scratch the CD (which is technically altering the data) or it could be defined by the life of the medium I guess?

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    yea i understand, however, i am using those nice looking 18 dollar for 50pcs cds amd the brands are like optimum, starmedia, etc. aren't these cds not good enough? by the way 18 dollars as in canadian

by the way i have a feeling that morpheus is gonna die in the final matrix

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    Originally posted by zhelynd@8 October 2003 - 04:54
    yea i understand, however, i am using those nice looking 18 dollar for 50pcs cds amd the brands are like optimum, starmedia, etc. aren't these cds not good enough? by the way 18 dollars as in canadian

by the way i have a feeling that morpheus is gonna die in the final matrix
    I use cheap ass CD's and I dont have a problem. I got 200 CD's for 5 bucks. It was awesome. I had to pay like 25 up front, but I got a rebate. I go through CD's fast as hell too.

I think it's because I burn them, then take them somewhere....then I end up giving them to my friends

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    Poster
    Originally posted by flamingcube.com@8 October 2003 - 06:01

I got 200 CD's for 5 bucks. It was awesome. I had to pay like 25 up front, but I got a rebate. I go through CD's fast as hell too.

where

proud to be american

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    Originally posted by Jay+8 October 2003 - 05:03--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Jay @ 8 October 2003 - 05:03)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-flamingcube.com@8 October 2003 - 06:01

I got 200 CD&#39;s for 5 bucks.&nbsp; It was awesome.&nbsp; I had to pay like 25 up front, but I got a rebate.&nbsp; I go through CD&#39;s fast as hell too.

where [/b][/quote]
    Office Max - it was a while ago. Like a few months. Whenever I see deals like that I just go ahead and get them... CD prices may drop in the future, but I doubt they will be down to that cheap.

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    Poster
    Another factor no ones mentioned is the state of your cd rom drive...Try copying the avi file to your hard drive...if your getting "checksum errors" when copying the AVI file from the cd then theres issues with your cd rom

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    Now that I think about it I had that problem too. It happened because of scratches/smudges on the disk. You might try to clean the disk or look for scratches.

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    What speed are you burning at? What speed will your burner max at?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast