Page 64 of 67 FirstFirst ... 145461626364656667 LastLast

Thread: What Book Are You Currently Reading?

j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by bornwithnoname View Post
    I am currently reading Larry Mcmurty's Comanche Moon
    Good pick.

The man cannot write a bad book.

Be sure to read Lonesome Dove, if you haven't already.

A Pulitzer winner worth the prize, honest.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

2. Lounge   -   #632
    natedogg's Avatar R.I.P. Nate Dogg :(
    Savage run by C.J. Box

3. Lounge   -   #633
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    A Parents Guide To Plymouth

4. Lounge   -   #634
    Poster
    Stephen King - The Gunslinger

5. Lounge   -   #635
    doctorcdcs's Avatar Table for one
    i just started on the audio book version of the first book of the Wheel of Time series.

I was apprehensive about going through this format, as i'm not used to listening to a novel being read out to me in this manner, but i have to say that i was quite surprised by how well i was able to get the picture of the story in my head, and it made a GREAT companion while driving (i travel between the U.S and Canada alot) so my 7 hour drive didn't feel like it.

My only complaint would be that it was kinda weird listening to the male reader doing the female parts. It was kinda weird, having drummed up the image of a beautiful woman, only to hear a voice which made it sound like she was a transvestite. all in all though, it's been a great listen so far and i look forward to hearing the other books. plus, the reader is going to switch to a female in later parts so i look forward to that. I watch anime from time to time, so many of the male leads are read by females so i hope it'll be a similar experience.

6. Lounge   -   #636
    . BT Rep: +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22

7. Lounge   -   #637
    'Cell' by Stephen King
    seems like it will have the usual king ending where everything blows up, though i hope i am wrong...

8. Lounge   -   #638
    Lady LoTL's Avatar Neamhbhásmhar
    THE POPE'S CEILING- Ross King

"Recounts the four extraordinary years Michelangelo spent laboring over the vast ceiling...

Battling against ill health, financial difficulties, domestic problems, the pope's impatience, and a bitter rivalry with the brilliant young painter Raphael, Michelangelo creates scenes so beautiful that they are considered to be among the greatest masterpieces of all time. A panorama of illustrious figures converged around the creation of this masterful work- from the great Dutch scholar Erasmus to the young Martin Luther King- Ross skillfully weaves them through his compelling historical narrative, offering uncommon insight into the intersection of art and history."

Sweeet reading for art lovers...

I have read all of above mentioned Stephen King books. The GUNSLINGER is especially good.

As with most of his books, he weaves some of his key characters ("*a*kin **de" and tec..) from other novels and short stories (The STAND, EYES of the DRAGON, etc..) into this one as well.
    Last edited by Lady LoTL; 04-06-2007 at 04:12 PM.
    ...passions, whether violent or not, should never be so expressed as to reach the point of disgust; and music, even in situations of the greatest horror, should never be painful to the ear but should flatter...it and thereby always remain music.
    ~ Amadeus

9. Lounge   -   #639
    mym_2006's Avatar Torrent Lover BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    i read no thing
    hahaha

10. Lounge   -   #640
    Currently reading "Terminal Man" by Michael Crichton.

It's a fictional story about a man who gets little wires put in his head to stop him from having seizures and attacking people. It was written a long time ago, so it supposed to be real sci-fi and out there, but its not so strange to the people of our time. Not my favorite book so far, but i would recommend it.