Thread: Desperate Hardware Help

Hey,
    I had a problem with my modem, for some reason when i tried to dial in to the net the comp would restart, i figured out that it was clashing with my video and audio drivers. So now my sound card doesnt have any drivers to it.
    I cant install my Multimedia Audio Controller, RAID Controller or my video controller. Any ideas?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    not sure, but isn't it impossible to accidentally uninstall or remove video/audio controllers or any other controllers for that matter??

You are probably just missing the hardware driver. Download latest drivers if you're missing them. Better if you're using WinXP, use Windows Update and it will auto-find the drivers for you.

If not just use google,

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    i rebooted XP but how do you find out the name and model of your sound card?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    Originally posted by shoutman@8 October 2003 - 11:18
    basically you can't if your drivers aren't installed but i'm not sure, but any try this.

start > acessories > system tools > system information > components > sound device

hope you see something useful under manufacturer or something.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Control Panel>System>Hardware>Device Manager...look for sound and audio devices.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Take out the sound card and see if it has the model on it. It would be on the biggest chip you see or on the pcb.

Also, if you have an internal modem try using a different pci slot because that could be the problem for it conflicting.