Thread: Microsoft Stores Providing On-Site Xbox Repair

Darth Sushi's Avatar Sushi Lord
    Microsoft Stores Providing On-Site Xbox Repair
    By Kevin Parrish, published on October 23, 2009

" Microsoft Stores will repair Xbox 360 consoles right there in the shop.

Has the Red Ring of Death got you down? Has it seized up your Xbox 360 without any relief? What about that long list of other failures that seem to plague Microsoft's current console? Fear not, as soon gamers just like you will be able to waltz into a local Microsoft Store and tell tech support exactly what they can do with that Xbox 360. That's right, fix the darn thing, and fix it real good.

Conrad Zimmerman of Destructoid is reporting that Microsoft opened its very first store in Scottsdale, Arizona yesterday. After walking in and checking out what the store had to offer, he was pleasantly surprised to find that Microsoft is now offering in-store repairs for the finicky console.

"Microsoft stores will be equipped to handle some basic repair tasks," he said. "All you have to do is walk in the store with your console, drop it off at the Answers Desk and a Microsoft Store employee will then diagnose the issue that you're having. If it's something simple--such as a faulty power supply causing the Red Ring of Death--they'll rectify the situation immediately."

He added that if it can't be repaired within the store, the main distribution center is notified. Consumers are thus sent a replacement unit immediately. That's a good thing for angry consumers not willing to wait forever for repairs. Then again, Microsoft hasn't erected new stores on every street corner like CVS, either. "

Source: http://www.tomsguide.com/us/Microsof...news-4944.html

2. News (Archive)   -   #2
    iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    Good news?

The only reason I chose a PS3 Slim over the 360 was Free online gaming, BluRay and Less known errors.

I also get the PS3 because I didn't want to waste even more of my life downloading iso's

After reading this article I might get a 360 too.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music"

3. News (Archive)   -   #3
    SonsOfLiberty's Avatar The Lonely Wanderer
    Ah it's bogus, only a few stores in "select BIG cities"....and I mean where there is a market, and there isn't really a market for anything in the US now. Of course it's always nice to see the effort though as you see "it says little tasks like faulty power supplies for RROD" which isn't the the reason at all, it's called bad chips and over heating, I still have my shitty 2x model that has fried like 4x now...if it goes again, time for a class action lawsuit, I'll settle out of court for a Xbox Elite and free games for as long as I own the 360 But seriously, this still is a good gesture (too bad they planned the RROD from the beginning )...next Bluray

But as I see it, don't expect any more stores anytime soon, unless, you live in a video game crazy city? Nah, that's only in Cali....
    Last edited by SonsOfLiberty; 10-24-2009 at 05:16 AM.
    [center]

4. News (Archive)   -   #4
    Inside a MS store:

[youtube]g9Hk0ZCqRxg[/youtube]
    [center]

5. News (Archive)   -   #5
    Darth Sushi's Avatar Sushi Lord
    Seems like those are all MS employees clapping and hooting (notice the necklace badge most are wearing). Probably excited about having a job in a shitty economy. Funny thing but it looks like they copied apple store playbook including dress code!

6. News (Archive)   -   #6
    Yeah Apple clone all the way, although a M$ does have more of the variety though, games, hardware, monitors, zunes, etc....Apple what has iMacs, iPhones, iPods, and isn't that it pretty much?
    [center]