Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Valve Conspiracy

DarthInsinuate's Avatar Died in battle
    HL2 has been delayed to April 2004 I hear, and it got me thinking - what if the source leak was internal? What if it was deliberate?

It makes sense - Valve after three years, from nowhere announce the Half-Life follow up will be released in a few months, which looks way to far ahead of its time - its probably too buggy at the moment so they've delayed it to fix it and make themselves not look like morons when they release it

It makes sense, or I've been watching to many UFO programmes
    The Sexay Half Of ABBA And Max: Freelance Plants

2. Games   -   #2
    Proffesional Dumbass
    i thought the whole half life 2 leak was a fake?
    thats what they posted on their site anyway

3. Games   -   #3
    muchspl2
    no, it happened and the source was posted on several sites and torrents
    and i can't see that, but what do i know, I've never even played half life 1

4. Games   -   #4
    Half-life 2 has been in the making for years, like 5 or something. Since 1/3 of the code has been stolen they now have to re-code most of it to prevent hacks/cheats being made before it is even officially released.

The leak isn't a fake either, anyone who can type 'hl2 source code' into a search engine can download it. Plus now a leaked beta version has arisen delaying the release date back even more.

5. Games   -   #5
    Poster
    For Valve haters, they will dfinitely take Darth's word for it.

or all you know, the source code leak was even planned out by Valve, mayeb they decided that the current project would have to be delayed for a long time like Darth said, so they randomly got a few homies to write up some gay source code, leak it, so they got more time on their hands to do their real source code.

but then again, who would do something so ghey, ghey as my assumption, and I don't hate valve coz i play too much cs to do that.

6. Games   -   #6
    Poster
    Originally posted by Motion@8 October 2003 - 12:27
    Half-life 2 has been in the making for years, like 5 or something. Since 1/3 of the code has been stolen they now have to re-code most of it to prevent hacks/cheats being made before it is even officially released.

The leak isn't a fake either, anyone who can type 'hl2 source code' into a search engine can download it. Plus now a leaked beta version has arisen delaying the release date back even more.
    my bets are those valve haters who play too much quake or unreal tournament

7. Games   -   #7
    Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    I already considered the possibility that Valve engineered the leak in the "Help Valve Out" thread. Though what I said it might have been about is more publicity for Half Life 2 (How else could you have guaranteed it reaching CNN or BBC headlines?) - Never even considered it to be a cover for more time

But not everyone who was against the leak is against Valve - I enjoy Half Life, I can't wait for HL2 (probably the only one I'd buy in a long while) and I want to see Valve succeed. But just because of the severity of the leak and the "possible damage" to Valve doesn't mean that you can't consider the possibility of it being deliberate

8. Games   -   #8
    Poster
    I wouldnt be suprised if what DarthInsinuate said is true, Like its been said, the recent record of the release date issue hasnt done well for Vavle's PR or popularity, and if they where to come out and announce another delay because they havent been able to fine tune it yet... I think the number of supporters left for them would have been very different...
    Now all this "leak" stuff is out, people are beginning to sympathise with them, and are more willing to wait now, so if you ask me, Valve wins....
    but then again if it wasnt faked by them... then they loose

9. Games   -   #9
    You guys are missing the fact that valve wouldn't need any more publicity, the game itself, with the trailers screenshots and all the possibilities the engine can do is more than enough publicity. Theres no reason to delay it on purpose or make some bogus source they have nothing to gain. Even after all this bullshit people will still buy it, even if they're tools enough to download the beta.
    Valve has been making release dates and breaking them as long as the company has existed, making another delay might lose 5% of supporters but not enough to worry about. Sure everyone complains everytime the delay but as their record has shown nobody with a brain is dumb enough to fall for a release date so soon.

10. Games   -   #10
    Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Originally posted by Motion+8 October 2003 - 16:20--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Motion &#064; 8 October 2003 - 16:20)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> You guys are missing the fact that valve wouldn&#39;t need any more publicity, the game itself, with the trailers screenshots and all the possibilities the engine can do is more than enough publicity. [/b]

Simple reason - Half Life 2 is going to be the biggest game launched this year...for the gaming communities.

Like I said before, Valve are now getting coverage from CNN and BBC outside their "techno" slots. The last game that got mainstream coverage on BBC was GTA: Vice City, and it wasn&#39;t for its graphics
    <!--QuoteBegin-Motion
    @8 October 2003 - 16:20
    Valve has been making release dates and breaking them as long as the company has existed, making another delay might lose 5% of supporters but not enough to worry about.[/quote]
    And if they end up delaying it 20 times altogether?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast