Thread: What you think?

Question Mark

People what you think that is more secure for downloading / uploading P2P our direct download?

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    I'm staff,kiss m ass BT Rep: +1
    Downloading off file hosting services is more secure, usually they don't even log which files you accessed.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    I also feel more secure downloading through filehosters. As for uploading, it doesn't matter which method you use, you're taking a risk. Although I believe the risk is a lot less through filehosting than p2p.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    I have never gotten into them much. I find usenet more convenient. But I download HD or DVD content usually.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Speedo's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    If you upload, download or both is not going to be an issue in a court of law as long as it is copyrighted information. If the lobbyist takes down major torrent sites they are coming after filehosts and newsgroups next. The bittorrent technology is on the line even in your fights. How hard would it be to take down newsgroups or filehosts if judges are convinced filesharing is a threat to economic values, and that is where the battle lies. It's in a greyzone of what the law can legally allow in their constitutions for anyone to bring evidence to a court, without going against democratic principles. And as it stands the laws advocate individuals right to privacy but that can soon change, and that is the scary bit.

I do not care for some movies being downloaded and neighter do the lobbyist. There are far greater principles at risk here, and we could loose our democracy over this issue.

If we let corporations win this battle in these cases there are no limits for what other battles corporations over individuals will win. If we loose our courts we loose our rights as citizens. The police's behaviour is not a measure of our rights. The courts are. Governments, corporations, induviduals, police and millitary all answer to the courts.

If that is lost, we are doomed.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Typically if you're not seeding torrents won't get you into trouble. But then you also have a hard time maintaining access to private trackers and whatnot. Private sites are often more secure if they're reputable, but it's always possible that authorities can get in behind the scenes with gag orders and subpoenas for logs. Then again, torrent trackers can log what you accessed, too.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    $SnoopDo2G$'s Avatar Don Doggy BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Usenet is surely more secure i think than any other type of host...
    but anyways it's always better to use some kind of IP protection or hide...

A good VPN or something like that always works, so you out of troubles...