Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Defeating Macrovision

The kids i babysit like to watch disney movies all the time .anyways thay get distroyed very quickly. I need to make backup copies to play over the week so i don`t have to keep buying new copies every single time.

Would anyone know of any method on Defeating Macrovision for both dvd and VHS

or it this how they make there money

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    Darth Sushi's Avatar Sushi Lord
    Was there a question?

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Originally posted by Darth Sushi@8 October 2003 - 19:14
    Was there a question?
    sorry forgot to add one

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    Just download the movie off the net and encode if u want to do stuff like that. Or learn how to rip the DVD.

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    Originally posted by Ariel_001@8 October 2003 - 11:05
    The kids i babysit like to watch disney movies all the time .anyways thay get distroyed very quickly. I need to make backup copies to play over the week so i don`t have to keep buying new copies every single time.

Would anyone know of any method on Defeating Macrovision for both dvd and VHS

or it this how they make there money
    the quickest, easiest way would be to buy a video stabilizer box and run the video signal through it, to a VCR. then just make VHS copies of your tapes & DVDs. you can prolly get one for somewhere between $50 and $100 USD at a store like circuity city, best buy or radio shack. just tell 'em you want a video stabilizer for dubbing, they'll know what you're talking about.

there's nothing illegal about the box itself, because they're useful for maintaining the color quality when you dub camcorder videos and stuff like that. it's just that you prolly shouldn't mention that you want to make backups of copyrighted videos unless you want some holier-than-thou salesman giving you a lecture.

making a digital backup with a PC results in higher quality, but it's a lot more time-consuming and i doubt the kids would notice the difference in quality anyway... so i'd say a stabilizer and a pack of blank tapes should do the trick.

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    would anybody know how to make video stabilizer box. Am not sure if i can get those here.

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    If you're trying to get rid of the macrovision for a dvd player, you can do some firmware hacks that will 'update' your dvd player software and get rid of the macrovision. I haven't tried this myself, but others have and it works. More info on this here: at dvdrhelp. Look under dvdhacks.

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    muchspl2
    if you got a old VCR, like the top mount ones from back in the day
    you can run the video signal throe the old VCR(they didn't have the macro vision chip) then just run the out to a newer VCR for recording
    the old VCR doesn't even have to play, just needs to turn on, cause your just passing the signal throe the VCR

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    Originally posted by mojo2185@8 October 2003 - 16:33
    If you're trying to get rid of the macrovision for a dvd player, you can do some firmware hacks that will 'update' your dvd player software and get rid of the macrovision. I haven't tried this myself, but others have and it works. More info on this here: at dvdrhelp. Look under dvdhacks.
    that's a good suggestion too. i'm not sure what percentage of dvd players can disable macrovision, but there is a chance that you can do it by finding a secret menu in the player that disables it, or by updating its firmware/BIOS. dvdrhelp is a good site, or you might find info by simply searching google.com for your player's model number + "macrovision."

i just suggested a video stabilizer because it's the simplest, surefire way of making a backup. if you don't have one of the stores that i listed nearby... just try any place that specializes in home electronics. or you could easily buy one through the internet. http://www.bgsales.com/electronics/vidstab.asp

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    I simply copy the DVD to my old VHS recorder (I bought it around 1995) and all works well!

Simple is the best

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast