Thread: Bittorrent So Slow?

I have a cable connection, but why does Bittorrent say my download time is 421hrs?????????????????

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Mayb it's the file your after the lower the seeds the slow the speed will b...

also if u leave bit torrent 4 a while the speed will pick up, mine goes at like 2kb for say 5mins then it will pick up and i get an avarge speed 30 to 40kb sum times higher... god bless BT

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    Just be patient, BT goes slow for alot of users because it shares the files out more so just wait.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Poster
    Bittorent works on a tit for tat basis. Lets say two people could download at 120kbs. But if one has an upload of 30kbs and one 15kbs the 30kbs upload persons download rate will pick up faster. With me, takes about 1 minute then I get 120 - 130 (which is full speed for me). So using that theory, if you're using a 56K modem, bitorrent isn't worth it.

Of course, it also depends on the users getting the file. Most users do have a fast connection tho.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    iam in on wot ezyryder said

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    I get my max speed all the time which is now about 75kB/s due to some errors I had yesterday.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    jetje's Avatar former star
    Originally posted by Gre1@8 October 2003 - 22:23
    I get my max speed all the time which is now about 75kB/s due to some errors I had yesterday.
    Which client do you use?
    which tracker?
    and what's your upload speed / upload setting on the torrent?
    oh and even maybe info on which torrent you dl..!

Think this is interesting info for people to check if they have good speeds with their torrents! B)

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Poster
    yeah I am curious about some of the details because I have high uploads but mine still goes at like a constant 2kbs highest I have had is probably about 15 and my capabilities are about 150kbs.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    I got the same problem.My capabilities are 221 kb/s,but it never goes higher than 17kb/s.
    Does BT have an option menu?