Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dad Kills Own Son Over Missing Videogame

Darth Sushi's Avatar Sushi Lord
    Dad Kills Own Son Over Missing Videogame
    By Kevin Parrish, published on October 26, 2009

" Dad shoots son over the whereabouts of a videogame.

The Houston & Texas News reports that on Sunday a father, 40-year-old Ofelio Antonio Otero, allegedly shot and killed his teenage son during an argument over a videogame. While the name of the particular title wasn't provided, the initial argument over the whereabouts of the game apparently took place around 4:15 am between the father--who had been drinking heavily--and the mother.

The Houston Police Department said that the fight then moved from the mother to the 17-year-old son, Ignacio A. Otero. The conflict took a deadly turn when the elder Otero grabbed a gun and loaded up the weapon with ammo. The son tried to knock the gun out of his father's hands and then ran away, fleeing for his life. However, he fell dead on the floor after Otero shot the teenage boy in the neck.

With gun in hand, Otero fled the scene and ran to an apartment complex over two miles away. He finally surrendered to the HPD SWAT team after a three-hour standoff--sometime around 11 am. As of today, Otero's bond has been doubled since his initial arrest Sunday morning, cranked up to a meaty $100,000. “What I’m concerned about is the violence,” said State District Judge Marc Carter.

Otero, who has a prior criminal history, now faces a murder charge, the Houston & Texas News said. If he does manage to make bail, he is not allowed to return home, nor can he come in contact with family members who witnessed the crime. There was no word if he was banned from playing videogames. "

Source: http://www.tomsguide.com/us/Dad-Son-...news-4952.html

2. News (Archive)   -   #2
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    He may not care that he killed his son but I'm sure the father was upset because he didn't get a headshot.

3. News (Archive)   -   #3
    SiMeCaIs
    Only in america!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. News (Archive)   -   #4
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    He may not care that he killed his son but I'm sure the father was upset because he didn't get a headshot.

yo

5. News (Archive)   -   #5
    You can almost start making videogames about killing the ones that stop you from playing videgames considering there has been a couple of shootings like these.

I bet 10$ papers will have the name of the game tomorrow, and I also bet 10$ they won't even care about the name of what he drank. It's more comfortable to blame it on a simple game then alcohol. (I'm not saying you're gonna shoot your own son because you're drunk, but it was probably a contributing cause, at least bigger then the game)

6. News (Archive)   -   #6
    brilman's Avatar Poster
    See right there's another great reason to back up your games. If the dad had a backup his drunk self would have just passed out playing away.

7. News (Archive)   -   #7
    Totti's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21
    Wow that is a shocking story i never can understand how people can become so violent EVEN if they are drunk and to think that this happened in my home town Houston

8. News (Archive)   -   #8
    mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    what loot did the kid drop?
    Alamo Drafthouse!

Last Game Completed: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC) 10-13-13
    Now Playing: Paper Mario 64
    Total Games Completed: 503

9. News (Archive)   -   #9
    kooltilldend's Avatar One n Only BT Rep: +2
    bang bang boom!

10. News (Archive)   -   #10
    colbert's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    The journalist should have found out what game they were arguing over. This is important information!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast