Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: {Req} FTN

BobFromAccounting's Avatar Is it Friday yet?
    It's not so much the fact that you're requesting it, it's the fact that you're requesting it after saying you wouldn't be requesting it, which personally makes me lose trust in you. Also, to be completely honest, you really won't find much content wise that you wouldn't anywhere else, or even where you just got in, so they are in a sense similar. As for the whole community argument, at least settle in to the one you just got into, don't be too greedy or people will get the wrong (Or in this case is it the right?) impression...

2. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #12
    kooltilldend's Avatar One n Only BT Rep: +2
    well if i was a collector then i'd probably start with...I dunno...UK-T maybe? (well its supposedly dead now so lemme re-think...FTWR maybe?)

anyways I can't prove myself to those who don't want to believe me...in short, I couldn't care less about collecting...I'm only interested in 3 trackers (and I've listed which 3 too - I even listed the reasons for each but I'm not gonna go thru that again)

and yeah, I can indeed write a lot...guess you get used to replying to everyone after a while...just see how long this particular post turned out to be lol

@Karid...true I wrote I wouldn't request this but you obviously took the statement out of context...I wrote, I wouldn't request FTN over FSC and I never did...again its not the same thing

also I have no idea how you are saying FSC and FTN have similar contents...FSC simply is not about contents...infact looking at the site as a tracker only would probably make it seem as one the weakest out there...its the community aspect that truly shines in FSC

whereas, community in FTN is supposedly no more than a distraction...i.e. you wouldn't go there to join the community (that's what cinephilia said anyways - and I believe him tbh since his views were pretty accurate in my last thread too)

you do make one interesting (and perhaps valid) point though that FTN has little content wise which I can't find anywhere else...that's pretty much all I needed to know (esp. since cinephilia already said so and I was merely looking for some confirmation)

so yeah, from what I am presuming, there's probably not much point in looking for this tracker...oh well
    Last edited by kooltilldend; 10-28-2009 at 03:47 AM.

3. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #13
    deadalive1's Avatar VS ***** BT Rep: +2
    So if you get FTN can we assume a week later we'll see you request ScT? Why not enjoy what you have already instead of looking like you just want these places for the "status". Because in all honesty that's what it looks like, no matter how long or well you word your requests for these places...
    Please do not randomly PM asking for invites as I have none to give out. Have a nice day.

4. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #14
    like I said...SCT and FTN actually have something in common, unlike FSC and FTN

its like if I request, I dunno What one day and then 5 days later I request HDBits...does that mean I'm not enjoying one over the other?

in short, the two have barely anything in common and I really don't see why people are seeing the sites in any other manner

if they are indeed similar then by my guest and tell me so...in that case, not only do I not need FTN now...I prolly don't need it ever (since FSC serves me very well with what it already offers me...I don't need two sites to offer me the same thing)

also just for the record, how the heck do I get any kind of status by being on a certain tracker? - regardless of which one it is

if there is indeed a tracker that I (or anyone) should boast about...then it should be one which offers massive content (like Blackcats, HDBits, etc) rather than one which is merely difficult to get into - if FTN is only good for its "level" then perhaps you are right, this is indeed a pointless request and I'm better off without the site...I'm only requesting because I was hoping the site will duly surprise me in some manner just like FSC most certainly has done

p.s. one more thing, if indeed FTN and SCT offered different contents altogether then yeah, I don't see why there would be a problem with requesting both near each other...its only when the sites tread in similar/same contents that its obvious there's no point to a request but collection
    Last edited by kooltilldend; 10-28-2009 at 03:54 AM.

5. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #15
    I'm not saying give up on it, I'm just saying give it time...

And to be completely honest if you looked at it in context it's not that hard to come to the conclusion that you probably are just looking to collect. Sure, you're not going straight for the most coveted, but you went straight to the two that had the highest likelihood of being fulfilled in comparison to the other alternatives which it's pretty well known are even more selective than the ones mentioned regarding who they invite, and the likelihood of getting in to either via a request on a public forum such as FST is one in a million, if not more. To me it just looks like you went for the safest bets.

Edit: And kinda in response to your latest post, exactly how different do you actually think the content from where you just got in will be from where you are requesting...?

And you're saying it's ok to request it, after saying you wouldn't, because the content differs, yet the main context of both requests was the community, or at least that's what I gathered from the requests.
    Last edited by BobFromAccounting; 10-28-2009 at 03:59 AM.

6. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #16
    btw I just wanna reiterate one point...I'm actually enjoying these conversations with everyone...sometimes, getting into a site is much more enjoyment than actually being in there...besides the harder it gets to get into somewhere (i.e. people oppose you and so on), the more gratifying it becomes to actually be there eventually (ofcourse that is if one does get to be on the specific site eventually)

so yeah, let the comments keep coming...i'm totally digging this conversation

cheers!

@Karid

I know what you mean by have some patience...but like I said in the first post, I'm just testing my luck since its not like I would've gotten in if I hadn't asked anyways

Also I can see how one would come to a conclusion that I'm collecting trackers...that's fair enough and I can't really prove it otherwise too since there's no concrete evidence saying otherwise (there's none saying I'm collecting either but obviously no1 cares about that)

Finally, I'm amazed that you are saying that requests such as FSC and FTN have a high likelihood of getting filled here...because if this were indeed true, I probably would've had FSC long before last week as it was I believe my third (certainly the second at the very least) request here...needless to say, the first one got entirely ignored (not bashed like this one either but duly ignored)

Perhaps you can suggest me more "safe" bets so I can start requesting them too? lol (its a joke in case you didn't get it)
    Last edited by kooltilldend; 10-28-2009 at 04:01 AM.

7. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #17
    Where did I say safe bets? I said safest. That doesn't mean definite gratification, that means the highest likelihood when looking at alternatives.

8. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #18
    what are the alternatives? SCT, SCL, SCC?

ok fine SCT is practically impossible to get into (no1 will - nor should imo - spend money on others)...but I can't say the same for SCC or SCL

SCL is ridiculously easy to get into, while SCC was easy too (dunno nowadays)...I've been a member of both these sites in the past and really neither site was for me which is another reason I want to try FTN and/or SCT to see if they can convince me otherwise...and from what I've read, that certainly seems plausible

any other alternatives I've missed? I really don't see how FTN is any easier to get into than the above mentioned sites but hey I could very well be wrong since quite frankly, I haven't done my research on the other sites...because like i said earlier, I couldn't care less about them (even though SCC is supposedly a very big deal nowadays)

9. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #19
    PlayeR's Avatar (•̃͡-̮•̃͡) BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by kooltilldend View Post
    well if i was a collector then i'd probably start with...I dunno...UK-T maybe? (well its supposedly dead now so lemme re-think...FTWR maybe?)
    well you dont need to start with those trackers to be a collectors..
    if i understand this sentence correctly, you are saying that as long as you dont start with trackers like rabbits and wheelcar you are not a collectors.
    so if you start with those trackers you are collectors ...weird concept..

anyway, i only have 1 out of the 3 trackers you want..and its enough for me..
    it's already good that you got in fsc from your last request..so just enjoy that site..just my 2cents

10. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #20
    Alternatives as in other "elite" trackers.

And in regards to alternatives to the ones you just mentioned, general / 0day trackers are pretty much a dime a dozen, there are numerous, and they all have 99% the same content, they are all going to have the latest scene releases, and many of the larger, easier to get into ones, have much more than you'd find where you're looking to get into (Not talking about ScT).
    Last edited by BobFromAccounting; 10-28-2009 at 04:20 AM.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast