Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: {Req} FTN

megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Well kool, I've gotta give you credit. You have been a very active member on FSC. Only a little over 400 posts, btw, not 500 (Busted! ) And you are active here. Obviously you enjoy the Community. That's always my first criteria.

I haven't looked at many of your posts either here, or there, but the ones that I have seen show effort and thought.(Second criteria) If no one found anything to keep you out of FSC (and they are the kids whose homework I would want to copy).(A third criteria that few have) As far as I am concerned, you seem like a good member to have anywhere.I give you my thumbs up. Unfortunately, I am not a member on FTN so I can not actually help you with that, but I will give you the kind words in this post. Perhaps someone will agree with me.

Stranger things have been known to happen, right? I hope you get in, regardless of your short time at FSC.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

2. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #22
    kooltilldend's Avatar One n Only BT Rep: +2
    @Player no i was saying that if I was indeed collecting trackers to boast about levels, then I wouldn't start with FTN...oh and its wheelmods not cars

also I am indeed enjoying FSC...I just don't see why requesting another tracker - largely unrelated to the first one is a big deal but wth it doesn't really matter

@Karid...so you are telling me that SCC isn't elite? considering all the hype surrounding the site nowadays (and that its apparently near impossible to get into) tells me that it would probably be rated as one of the most elite nowadays

perhaps then you want me to name trackers like rabbit, wheelmods, pedro's, e****, etc etc? well i don't want any of these either if that's what you were talking about

also indeed I can get a lot of content on numerous sites (some of which I am already a member of) but the point is...who's gonna seed the stuff there? where's the retention gonna be for these things? and finally where does the stuff originate from? (i don't mean the scene but rather where it goes from there)

perhaps SCT is indeed better than FTN but since I obviously cannot get into SCT, I figured I should get into the next best tracker of the types...that to me sounds like FTN...if it isn't, feel free to tell me which one is (and don't tell me SCC coz like I said...I was very disappointed by that site when I was there)

@megabyteme

first of all, thanks for calling me kool lol...seriously that's the nick I prefer to go by (and actually do go by) on a number of sites so its nice hearing the same from someone here...cheers for that!

secondly, I really appreciate your vote of confidence...I'm glad you can see what I'm trying to convey here...at this point, FTN doesn't matter as much as the point I'm trying to state...ofcourse I would still love to get into FTN but if I don't...that's nowhere near as big a deal as having silly misunderstandings here (again Idol would say why does it matter what others think but I'd rather be on clear terms with everyone so yeah)

and finally, that's one of the most incredible posts I've ever read...not because you complimented me (although it helps lol jk) but rather because you've deduced your reasoning into clear and concise terms...I wish I could do that too but instead I just keep on blabbering randomly lol

cheers to you mate!

p.s. that's 400+ posts in less than a week so you gotta give me a break...besides I can't do much about it seeing there's the 20min rule lol
    Last edited by kooltilldend; 10-28-2009 at 04:33 AM.

3. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #23
    BobFromAccounting's Avatar Is it Friday yet?
    @Karid...so you are telling me that SCC isn't elite? considering all the hype surrounding the site nowadays (and that its apparently near impossible to get into) tells me that it would probably be rated as one of the most elite nowadays
    It's fairly easy to get into to be honest... A lot easier to get into than what you're seeking anyways.

also indeed I can get a lot of content on numerous sites (some of which I am already a member of) but the point is...who's gonna seed the stuff there? where's the retention gonna be for these things? and finally where does the stuff originate from? (i don't mean the scene but rather where it goes from there)
    Who's going to seed from there?
    1) Do you really think sites with 15k~ users(And this would be the extreme low in comparison with some of the behemoths out there) are going to have less seeders than a ratio free site with a fraction of the amount of users? (In case you didn't notice, when people try to keep a good ratio on non ratio free sites, they tend to seed for as long as they can...)

Where's the retention gonna be for these things?
    2) Same as above. More users, more seeders, more people keeping a ratio.

Finally where does the stuff originate from?
    3) Most 0day trackers have dedicated uploaders, some get it from the scene, some get it from other sites, a number of places use auto racers so there would be no "middle" man... Besides, more users = higher chance if something is wrong there will be a comment left in regards to it.

And if you weren't happy with SCC you probably wouldn't be with ScT... Pretty much the same since they both race 99% the same releases, just some variation in packs.
    Last edited by BobFromAccounting; 10-28-2009 at 04:50 AM.

4. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #24
    well I didn't know SCC was easy to get into...was just going by what I read around these parts lately...but again it doesn't really matter

as for the other 3 points...for the most part, you are right...but I'll still chip in a few of my points

1) Its not always about the number of users...even in a very large userbase, a large number are merely leechers or hit n runners...that helps neither those who want the stuff, nor the seeders and most def. not the site...this is a very common phenomenon in sites with a large userbase...so yeah, in that sense, a more tight-knit community actually helps more than one might realize

2) Retention on large userbase sites is based on whoever keeps seeding whereas, most of the time on close-knit sites...even if something isn't being seeded, its much easier to request a seed and more than likely find someone who's kind enough to do so - you are partially right though, its easier to find more seeded torrents on say zamunda, ipt or tl

3) Regardless of whether the stuff comes from the scene or "other" sites...it more than likely originates in say SCT or FTN before it reaches the "lower level" sites (not really lower level since levels are rubbish - just not as close to the origination)
    also more users = higher chance of something actually being wrong in the first place (i'm not talking about scene releases which would be faulty everywhere but rather personal uploads)...ofcourse larger userbase most likely means more uploads...but the quality standards of those uploads are bound to stay up in the air (i.e. very inconsistent - unless there are strict quality checks like those implemented by blackcats, etc)

finally, I think I'll like SCT despite disliking SCC because from my understanding, SCT has massive packs which def. intrigue me...SCC was severely lacking in packs (back then anyways - about 2 years back) and ofcourse freeleech on these packs helps as well since my connection is decent at best (as i have said a few times before)

anyways appreciate all comments...it keeps the discussion healthy and helps me learn more about these trackers as well

cheers!

5. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #25
    sez's Avatar c0V3r3Ð iN Ba57ArÐ BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23
    I appreciate you karid for not allowing him to have an easy ride just because he can put a subject and a verb in agreement.
    I totally agree with everything you've said throughout this thread and I can only encourage you to keep doing what you are doing.

@kooltilldend,if you were to ask me,your fsc request didn't fail because you at least tried to be honest when you made it.That attempt at honesty in turn eventuated in someone coming through for you to set a positive tone for the rest of the thread and that's as far as it goes.

What's wrong with your request you say?nothing really,you have good grammar,you don't mind writing,you can counter an argument etcetc.But there is one thing that you are forgetting or perhaps aren't cognizant of as you write,and that's tone.Tenor at least for me is everything.Your request clearly fails the probity test and imo,your posts on this thread aren't anything but defensive-condescending,its not like we are all idiots.

Honesty is everything and no matter how good you are at constructing paragraphs,at least over here,its more appreciated than all else.People don't mind going out of their way to help somebody worth helping out,something to do with humanity,otherwise how do you explain someone requesting for that elusive sct invite that you are talking about over superficial reasons like elite status and pre-times yet barely 24hrs later the request ends up fulfilled with an array of offers to choose from?

https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bit...est-sct-357021

I hate writing too much when I really don't have to but somebody has to do it.

P.S-Donating to a tracker isn't as bad.Invites are just but incentives.If somebody is worth the effort,then why not?

6. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #26
    honestly i have no idea what you mean by tone...at first you are complimenting me for counter-arguing with everyone's posts and then you are ostracizing me for basically the same thing?

i have no idea where i was supposedly rude in my wordings but my apologies if anything seemed that way

also I'm not sure which part of my statements seemed superfluous to you but really i have no reason to lie...more so now when I've already got the tracker I reallyyyyyyyy wanted (this is my 2nd choice...my first choice I already have - again I have no reason to lie)

furthermore i'm not against donating myself...however, i can only really do that when i have a settle job and earnings...right now i have neither...i can't even afford to get myself a new cell phone (let alone a laptop)...so yeah, money is a big issue...otherwise, believe me, 10-20 bucks really isn't that big

other than that though, yeah I have no idea what the problems with this request are...if there's anything in specific that's bugging you then please let me know as I really have no intentions to be on bad terms with anyone

cheers!

p.s. i just realized you might be saying donating for an invite for another user...in that case, my bad for the earlier response

here's what i gotta say about that though:

there is indeed nothing wrong with donating money to invite a good user...infact that's a wonderful thing to do...any user who gets invited through that should feel blessed imo...however, i was merely thinking from the inviter's perspective...what good does it do to you to invite a person? would it be just for the warm fuzzy feeling? if yes then that's great...it just means that the person has money to donate...i unfortunately do not atm...otherwise believe me, i would've done so already too

oh and one last thing with regards to the link you posted...can you please tell me how my request is any different to that one?

is it because he's offering his skype id? well so can i (well not skype but msn, yahoo, gtalk, etc)

is it the proofs? i can show them too if needed...although in my case, its all the more easier since my prime id is the same as here on most sites

is it because he boasted about sct? well what's there to boast about the site? everything he stated is stuff everyone knows anyways...if you want, i can just as well repeat his words though

really i don't see much difference between the two requests so I'm very unsure what makes that request any more "honest" than mine...more so since he barely wrote anything there (i would imagine he got invited through a skype chat though which is fair)

so yeah, please do let me know what the discrepancies are so that i can take care of them just as well too

cheers!
    Last edited by kooltilldend; 10-28-2009 at 07:25 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

7. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #27
    The_Martinator's Avatar I is posting MACHINE BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Hm, if I had just read the thread title and the OP's nick I would have thought that this was shite.

I feel a little different now, but I'm still not there. From everything you've written, it seems to me you'd be extremely happy with PTM. It's almost no ratio and the community is very good. You see the fact about FTN is that there are a lot of the same people as in FSC there. No everyone is, but most are.

I'll tell you my story. I came here looking for more info about FTN and of possibilities to get invited. Of course I was bashed, but I kept coming back here and as time passed by I really stopped thinking about it. One day I got invited to FSC. After talking with the people there a bit I found out what I had just told you a few lines up. So I tried to make it public that I was no longer looking for FTN. I was invited there some day anyway (I couldn't turn down the invite offer, call me weak or not a man of my word, but that's the way it was). FTN is great, but IMO it's much better for those who aren't on FSC and/or on many 0day trackers. It has become my main 0day tracker (beside 1 or 2 others), but I also let some of my older accounts die.

To conclude, GL.

PS: IMO, you should have waited with this request for a while longer, no matter how many posts at FSC you've made in the meantime. Just my 2 cents.
    I'm back. The downside is that I'm also old now.

8. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #28
    brightsid's Avatar Larisssssssaaaaaaa BT Rep: +4
    As mentioned in your last request, there is really nothing wrong in requesting.
    You "promised" not to request in the near future but you can always change your mind.
    We make a living by what we get,
    we make a life by what we give

9. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #29
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    Seriously koolit, in my opinion, you really have no need for being a member at FTN since you are already a member at FSC.

The site you recently got into is basically ratioless. Has some of the best staff out there. Active, friendly, and inviting forums. A lot of content, with good pre's and speeds.

There's really nothing that FTN offers that the other doesn't. Just don't be expecting some holy grail of a tracker. You've already gained membership to one of the best out there, and it's hard to beat.

Good luck with your request though. You never know if you're going to like the tracker until you gain membership.
    Last edited by Funkin'; 10-28-2009 at 12:21 PM.

10. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #30
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by kooltilldend View Post

also I just want to add one more thing...from what I read and people say...there's very little (if anything) that's common between FSC and FTN...as such, there's very little point in comparing the two...again, this isn't something I fully realized before...but now that I am indeed on FSC, I can see exactly what people meant by that...as a result, I think its a bit silly to discard this request just 'coz I requested FSC a few days ago - if however this request is discarded because my reasons aren't strong enough to join the site and/or the site itself indeed isn't anything special...then that is by all means fair and I would honestly accept such a thing...now if I had requested SCT and now was requesting FTN (or vice versa) then this statement wouldn't hold true because from my gathering, the two have a lot in common...unlike the two currently mentioned

again feel free to correct me if i'm wrong though
    I feel that FTN has a lot more in common with the site that you're on than ScT does but that 's just my opinion .
    FSc has some of the best uploaders in the business so it's hardly lacking for content or speed and as Funkin' pointed out it essential freeleech,
    Also erroneously stated that you have to donate for an invite on Sct and not FTN . Take this any way that you want but not my experience at either .

Also if you are a " true movie " fanatic you would not limit yourself to recent ones.Again just my opinion but in doing so you are more defining yourself as a pop culture fanatic than a movie one.
    God Martin watched the original Robin Hood and even more amazingly liked it.Who knows what's next Captain Blood , The Treasure of the Sierra Madre ,Aguirre: The Wrath of God

As for no one willing to donate to get some one else in again not true but I'd much rather do it for friendship or at least a bit better reason than any you have presented here.
    The way torrent sites are going I honestly believe you would be a more sterling addition to either place than I am though.I say this without the tiniest bit of sarcasm btw.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 10-28-2009 at 01:32 PM.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast