Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Thread: {Req} FTN

Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    I was really avoiding posting at this thread, but I can't resist it any longer.

I will make only one question: why didn't you request Pretome instead of FTN ?
    This is the 1.000.000€ question.

And it can be considered insulting requesting a very similar site to FSC only one week after. Because unlike you said, the sites are not really that different. Trust me, I'm a member at both. None of the reasons you stated previously apply. Be it either the pretimes, packs, community, etc. There simply isn't any reason. Whilst if you requested PTM i would understand, as their torrent count is 2x bigger than any of them.
    This request I don't understand, neither does anyone else here.

2. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #52
    brightsid's Avatar Larisssssssaaaaaaa BT Rep: +4
    My English are not perfect but I can understand the Lounge guys (at least I think so), I even laugh with their jokes so this isn't so hard

no I won't be requesting FTN anytime soon either since I feel FSC is more useful for me (and vice versa)
    As mentioned you have every right to request, but I really don't like your excuses. But I'm not a possible invitee so you don't have to care for what I think. Not to mention that my only request was a big fail . I know why you are requesting because I've been where you are

A lot of good users supported your last request. Listen to their advices
    Last edited by brightsid; 10-29-2009 at 06:06 AM.
    We make a living by what we get,
    we make a life by what we give

3. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #53
    sez's Avatar c0V3r3Đ iN Ba57ArĐ BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23
    Honestly your write too much.You aren't presenting anything new and I think the guy who caught you on your post count rush pretty much confirms my suspicions on the artificiality of this request(and perhaps the persona that you are presenting).

Only traders and collectors get into sites for no other reasons than having them so you may as well revert to the reasons you were pushing for earlier.

However,if you aren't any of the above,then you already have a site where if you focus on building friendship rather than post count,you have a real chance of being invited to ftn for this ''no other reason'' than wanting to be on the site simply because you have allowed somebody to know you that much.

The pecking order should be simple really,there are people still on 256k connections and while you may not see it,they are more meritorious of ftn than someone wanting to be on the site simply because it was number two on some list they created will ever be.

4. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #54
    ..... BT Rep: +2
    Op, this is a debate not a request and all you are doing is bringing unnecessary attention to both sites by leaving this thread open! Your request has been seen, I am sure as it has gone 5-6 pages. everything you needed to say was said and the advice you "needed" was given. Why keep going? Letting members pick your words apart. Requesting 2 great sites in one week is a little much, no? Should be more than happy with the one!

Btw, I am not saying that you do not deserve this or anything along those lines. I just think this thread is going nowhere.

5. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #55
    kooltilldend's Avatar One n Only BT Rep: +2
    right so i'll make this the last post because what pone said is indeed true...that said i'll still respond to what's already here first

@cabalo...actually i was waiting for you to respond as well

firstly, I didn't know FTN and FSC are all that similar (I don't even need a site that's very similar to FSC - let alone request one so FTN being similar is nothing more than a surprise to me)...but since you are a member of both, I'll believe you...that said why do you think I should've requested PTM? (its the third time I've heard this name in this thread yet no reasons why its ok to request this tracker...please PM me if you don't mind responding - this also goes to everyone else btw)

@brightsid...your english is fine mate...and i understand what you are saying too (infact i understood soon after i read the first few posts - heck I understood as soon as the first person mentioned that FTN and FSC are very similar - something I admittedly did not know)

@sez...i already admitted i write too much lol...perhaps people don't want to read as much but i need to express myself before i can get my point across

other than that, i've already explained all of my reasons so if you think I want to join FTN because I'm a trader or a collector, well then I can't convince you otherwise either...I tried but clearly if you've already made up your mind, then my efforts are obviously futile

Is FTN is number two on my list? yeah it is...but the same FTN on prolly 95% of the members on the site ranks even lower...so if I were to actually give a "rank" then I'm obviously more deserving than about 95% of the members there (i'm not ranking it btw...just telling you how ranks would work)...

Also you are right, I don't have a "reason" (what is a reason anyways?) to be on FTN...I also do not have a "reason" to be here in the first place (nor do you actually) but I'm still here, ain't I? (and so are you)...my point is...a "reason" is nothing more than an excuse to cover up or butter people...I don't intend nor plan to do either and would rather get in to a site on my own terms and accomplishments (something I proudly achieved for FSC - and I promise to you, will do for FTN too)

Perhaps you are right though, I'll end up being invited there through FSC only...but its just as I said earlier, I wanted to try my luck here too...but maybe IdolEyes is right...you can't please everyone

Finally, whether those 256k connections are more deserving than me, I don't really know - nor care in all truth...because at the end of the day, I made this request - not them...the day they make this request and still don't get into the site...perhaps, we'll have another conversation of who's more deserving ^^

cheers!

@pone44...yeah I totally agree with you...it just didn't cross my mind to lock this thread...but now that you've mentioned it...I'll do just that

one last thing though, I really do appreciate all the talk that has occurred in here (both negative and positive)...whether I get in or not, we'll find out eventually anyways but for now, I appreciate this discussion nonetheless!

cheers fellas!

opened again on megabyteme's request ^^
    Last edited by kooltilldend; 10-29-2009 at 07:30 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

6. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #56
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Thanks for unlocking the thread, kool. I do think there is still something worth discussing here...

I find this request personally interesting because I have thought about requesting FTN myself. I haven't because it is really more of a curiosity than anything else. I have simply heard good things about it and would like to take a peek. I cannot make a much better argument than kool has.

It is also interesting to see members of both FSC and FTN (among others) post how unnecessary it is to be a member of both/multiple sites. Are all of these well known, and generally respected, members "collectors"? Is their membership "wasted"? I don't think anyone would call/consider them that. I certainly am not. In fact, I kinda expect that they have either been on, or are currently on, all of the "sites of scarcity".

So why is there resistance for someone like myself (assumably, since I have not asked) and kool who have had the good fortune of being accepted to FSC? If we are community members "in good standing" who occasionally add something to a conversation why should there be objection to us taking a look around?

I am not advocating an open door policy, or a "key to the BT kingdom", but this kind of gauntlet seems a bit excessive for someone who is known to be (at least a minor) contributor to the community. Don't most of us have the same curiosities? Since FSC does live up to the expectations placed upon it, how many others are equally good? FTN is one that has that reputation...
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

7. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #57
    Totti's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    Thanks for unlocking the thread, kool. I do think there is still something worth discussing here...

I find this request personally interesting because I have thought about requesting FTN myself. I haven't because it is really more of a curiosity than anything else. I have simply heard good things about it and would like to take a peek. I cannot make a much better argument than kool has.

It is also interesting to see members of both FSC and FTN (among others) post how unnecessary it is to be a member of both/multiple sites. Are all of these well known, and generally respected, members "collectors"? Is their membership "wasted"? I don't think anyone would call/consider them that. I certainly am not. In fact, I kinda expect that they have either been on, or are currently on, all of the "sites of scarcity".

So why is there resistance for someone like myself (assumably, since I have not asked) and kool who have had the good fortune of being accepted to FSC? If we are community members "in good standing" who occasionally add something to a conversation why should there be objection to us taking a look around?

I am not advocating an open door policy, or a "key to the BT kingdom", but this kind of gauntlet seems a bit excessive for someone who is known to be (at least a minor) contributor to the community. Don't most of us have the same curiosities? Since FSC does live up to the expectations placed upon it, how many others are equally good? FTN is one that has that reputation...
    I will have to agree with you m8 i know that allot of the "good members" are part of multiple high ranked sites and yet if you are a member of on such FSC you do not have the right in there eye to make another request for another rare site. It always seemed to be a little hypocritical to me and makes me ask "what makes you different from the persin making the request"

8. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #58
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by Totti View Post

I will have to agree with you m8 i know that allot of the "good members" are part of multiple high ranked sites and yet if you are a member of on such FSC you do not have the right in there eye to make another request for another rare site. It always seemed to be a little hypocritical to me and makes me ask "what makes you different from the persin making the request"
    How could this be remedied? Could we still allow members to bring forth the "evidence" against the Requester? Could be give them their say against such "accusations" Would they be allowed BT counselors? for their defense?

The ultimate decisions would be made by a committee of BT site owners.

I think this would be interesting...

Thoughts? (and BTW, if you ignore this one, I am OK with it), however, do give my previous post some thought. Something does need to change.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

9. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #59
    Totti's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21
    Quote Originally Posted by Totti View Post

How could this be remedied? Could we still allow members to bring forth the "evidence" against the Requester? Could be give them their say against such "accusations" Would they be allowed BT counselors? for their defense?

The ultimate decisions would be made by a committee of BT site owners.

I think this would be interesting...

Thoughts? (and BTW, if you ignore this one, I am OK with it), however, do give my previous post some thought. Something does need to change.
    It's a catch 22.... respected members are part of almost every community and they don't look at them self's in a negative aspect (of course) and yet new comers are frowned upon (in some cases rightfully so). The only way of this changing is looking at each request differently in my opinion no otherway.
    Opening up a BT jury..... I joked about that in my fsc request not possible really but it could fix some problems i guess

10. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #60
    sez's Avatar c0V3r3Đ iN Ba57ArĐ BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23
    Hi mbm,long time no chat .
    Well i'll speak assuming that you are responsible for his fsc membership.In logic they'll say that its ok then for us to assume that perhaps your views on him are subjective,no?.

Personally I don't have a problem with him nor do I care if someone sees the good in inviting him.But one thing that has thrown me off about all this is the utter dishonesty and the fact that he refuses to acknowledge it.Slymester would find more than a dozen contradictions in his stories if he was to dig through his post history.

Why wouldn't he have just said from the onset that I want to be on ftn because I don't know why I want to be on ftn?

It would have been ridiculous but at least it would have saved him the lies.

@kooltilldend,the difference between your ftn request and eram's sct request,is that he didn't lie unlike yours which has all the lookings of a chasing hit and runner(smart of you to avoid the post count question by the way).

Never assume entitlement by the way and am really hoping that this bucket list wasn't made with such in mind.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast